Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 10:40, 6 November 2019 by Admin (→2. Connecting the rotary encoder to the Arduino Nano)
It is possible to craete your own knobster using:
- An Arduino Nano
- A dual rotary encoder with push button
- (Optional) some kind of housing
1. Preparing the Arduino Nano
You can flash the Arduino Nano from Air Manager 3.7 or higher for Windows:
- Open up Air Manager
- Go to the create/edit tab
- Push the 'Flash' button in the ribbon bar
- Select the Arduino Nano, and click 'Next'
- Set the COM port of your Arduino Nano
- Check the 'Flash as Knobster' option
- Click 'Flash'
2. Connecting the rotary encoder to the Arduino Nano
There are fixed pins that should be connected to the appropriate rotary encoder pins.
|Rotary encoder pin||Arduino Nano pin|
|Inner encoder A||D4|
|Inner encoder B||D5|
|Outer encoder A||D3|
|Outer encoder B||D2|