Air manager causing random USB disconnect/reconnect sound and game freeze

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

turbinetester

Air manager causing random USB disconnect/reconnect sound and game freeze

#1 Post by turbinetester »

Super frustrating but it's getting worse since i started noticing it last night. I first noticed that during a flight MSFS would momentarily hang, while hearing the USB disconnect/reconnect sound, usually 3-10 seconds between the disconnect and the reconnect, during which time MSFS would completely freeze. For clarity, it is this pair of sounds, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG-ol3nMB0o just not as frequently (but just as annoying). I went through the motions of trying to figure out what USB device might be causing it, but it's not a USB device because i've unplugged everything, including teh mouse and keyboard, adn it still occurs. It happens constantly any time Air manager is running, even without the simulator or any other programs running. The instant i close AM the sound stops and the system, sim, USB peripherals, mouse, keyboard all return to normal and work jsut fine. I ahve tried rebooting the PC, restarting the SIM, uninstalling AM and reinstalling but it doesn't fix the problem. I don't see a way to unstall the plugin tool, but i'm at a loss as to what to do to stop AM from doing this. I don't *think i had this problem when i first ran it, but i'm really not sure. I do know that now the sound is happening around every 10-12 seconds. Any suggestions about what i can try to get this behavior to stop?

turbinetester

Re: Air manager causing random USB disconnect/reconnect sound and game freeze

#2 Post by turbinetester »

In case anyone was wondering, i've checked my CPU and GPU usage using the NVIDIA tools and i'm under 50% on both cosistently when running the MSFS2020 and Air Manager. I'm glad to provide further testing results if anyone can help me target an approach to getting this resolved. thanks again for any help.

Corjan

#3 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Have responded to your support ticket.
This is most likely a fault in the Air Manager application itself.

Corjan

turbinetester

#4 Post by turbinetester »

I just wanted to come back here and update the community on the resolution of this bug. Corjan responded here but handled the issue through the support ticket system and delivered what can only be described as the finest tech support i have ever received for a product. He connected to my computer with Team Viewer. Then we began the process of identifying what device was having a problem. With AM running he detected a USB/KVM hub device that was constantly reconnecting, but ONLY when AM was running. By narrowing down the hardware interface problem, he was then able to do a real time debug of the software and traced the issue down to a specific line of code (among millions of lines) within minutes of starting the troubleshooting process. This line in the code scanned the PC for USB hardware connections about every 1 second, but it was scanning for ANY connected USB devices, not just those connected to the SIM. He fixed the code right there, tested it several times, recompiled a new "beta" version for me, tested it again, and then helped me get more out of the existing installaion of AirManager by understanding more of how the interface works with the multiple touch monitors i have connected. Words simply cannot convey the level of professionalism and desire Corjan displayed in an effort to help all customers have an A+ experience with their software. I am now a customer for life and deeply grateful to have found this company with whom to do business. Thanks!

Corjan

#5 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Thanks for the praise :).

This fix will make it into the next AIr Manager release. Expect within two weeks from now.

Corjan