Instrument Matching?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

turbinetester

Instrument Matching?

#1 Post by turbinetester »

Hello world, this is my first post here. I'm in Windows, MSFS 2020 and just bought Air Manager yesterday and have it coupled with the Wimaxit 15.6" touchscreen monitor, and have a second one ready to use if i need the screen real estate. I'm trying to model my real world training aircraft, DA20-C1 Evolution that has some upgraded avionics. I'm looking for the closest i can get to
Garmin GMA-345 - Found it (340)
Garmin GNS-650Xi - Found it
Garmin GTR-225 - Can seem to find one that's close at all...
GTX-345/GAE-12 - Found one that looks pretty close (GTX-328)

Along with that i'm hoping to get a visual Greed LED Bar display of the elevator trim like the real aircraft.

Similarly, i'd like to match the "8 pack" instrument cluster i have in a 4x2 config.Trickist thing so far seems to be the airspeed and the engine RPM, because the green/yellow/white/red for this A/C doesn't really match up with anything in the stock that i can find.
I know there is a DA20 in the paid panels for 10 Euro, and i'm happy to buy that, but only if i can add the newer GPS unit and radios to the A/C instead of the older GPS unit that came in teh A/C originally that is in the pad version. So if I buy the paid verson, am i stuck with that exact panel layout, or are the custom gauges in that panel added to my "library" where i can move stuff around and interchange the paid gauges with other panels?
I've attached some photos of the instruments i'm trying to match. What do i need to do, besides creating a gauge from scratch, to get pretty close to these instruments and hardware?
Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png (168.46 KiB) Viewed 455 times
image.png

Ralph

Re: Instrument Matching?

#2 Post by Ralph »

You can modify the DA20 panel any way you like, but it is not yet compatible with MSFS. That's still on the to-do list.

The best solution would be to create your own instruments, or find someone who wants to do that for you.

turbinetester

#3 Post by turbinetester »

Are there folks around here who would be willing to do that? Where do i go to find these magical people :). I just don't have the time to learn graphical design and programming etc. I'd love to find someone who already ahs this expertise. Thanks for any direction you can provide :)

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You can try this guy:
https://www.flightgfx.com/

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:27 am You can try this guy:
https://www.flightgfx.com/
Hey @Ralph , they are some of the very very best graphics I have ever seen for sims. !
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Yes Pieter is a great artist. He's currently working on our full 737 panel, and he made our new Garmin suite.

jph

#7 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:23 pm Yes Pieter is a great artist. He's currently working on our full 737 panel, and he made our new Garmin suite.
Absolutely amazing :o :D Very nice.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#8 Post by Keith Baxter »

How do I get hold of him?

I did this quickly.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

flightgfx

#9 Post by flightgfx »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the promising words about the graphics. I appreciate it a lot.
We do our best do create the nicest graphics we can, in a fairly reasonable time and within the limits of 2 dimensions of course.
I do need to update my website asap though, because some things have changed drastically the past few weeks like the Garmin suite.
We have brightened those units after complaints of it being to dark. One of the downsides of all multiple variations in displays and monitors.
You can use the best screen ever made and still run into the same issue. Everyone uses a different screen, brightness setting, dark or well lit room.
It's not easy to find a fit for everyone in all honesty.
But there is a brighter fix underway for the entire Garmin Suite (GNS 430/530/G1000/GMA1347/GFC500/G5/GTN650-750 and their Xi variants/...)

The 737 is in the make and also the full overhead panel is work in progress.
Ralph will keep you guys in the loop for sure.

If you want to reach out please send me an email on hello@flightgfx.com or just send a message here.
I'm in close contact with Ralph, so you can also reach out to him.

Greets.
Pieter

flightgfx

#10 Post by flightgfx »

jph wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:46 pm
Ralph wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:23 pm Yes Pieter is a great artist. He's currently working on our full 737 panel, and he made our new Garmin suite.
Absolutely amazing :o :D Very nice.
Hi Joe and others,

Here is a preview of the fuel panel for the 737NG overhead. Stay tuned for more.
Helpful feedback is always welcome of course.

Best,
Pieter
737ng_fuel_panel.jpg