AM closing randomly after updates

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

PiersonH

AM closing randomly after updates

#1 Post by PiersonH »

I am on a windows platform and have updated to the latest XP12 and Air Manager versions (windows is up to date as well). AM will randomly close while in a flight. I can restart it and it works just fine. It doesn't crash, it closes maybe a couple of times and hour. Thoughts?

Tim.Huston

Re: AM closing randomly after updates

#2 Post by Tim.Huston »

Same issue here but I am running AM on a seperate PC from XP12. Nothing scary in the Event Viewer or that matches the 4 times it happened on my last flight an hour ago.

Tim.Huston

#3 Post by Tim.Huston »

Thought I would Re Read the manual to find a fix. Have not found anything but I did find this """"" The connection between the flight simulator and Air Manager / Air Player goes over UDP (Ethernet/WiFi), a connection through USB will not work. These are the most common issues regarding the network. Please note that having the flight simulator and Air Manager on the same computer, still works as a network connection, so the connection can still be blocked by the firewall, virusscanner, etc...""""" https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_problems

Gotta stop for the night. Good Luck and let me know if ya solve your issue !

PiersonH

#4 Post by PiersonH »

Tim.Huston wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 pm Same issue here but I am running AM on a seperate PC from XP12. Nothing scary in the Event Viewer or that matches the 4 times it happened on my last flight an hour ago.
I run it all on the same PC and it only started after the update for AM, XP12 and a Garmin update for the GTN650. I run AM on a small separate touchscreen powered by a USB C and an HDMI cable. Frustrating, especially when using Pilot Edge on an approach and the whole panel has to be restarted. I've not found a solution yet.

Tim.Huston

#5 Post by Tim.Huston »

Have tried shutting down All firewalls o both PC's and nota, still closing. Tied D-Loading latest Plug i n, Nota. AM runs fine until linked to XP-12. I put in a tickeT to Am and got this... Unfortunately, this is a known issue, one that I have not been able to fix just yet.

On our systems, AM won't crash.
If you are willing to, I can remotely connect to your computer through teamviewer and hopefully figure out why it crashes for you.

This would probably take about 1 hour and requires Microsoft Visual Studio to be installed on the system.

Please let me know if you willing to do that so we can make an appointment.

Sorry for the trouble,

Corjan

Sabre

#6 Post by Sabre »

I'm having this as well. In my case the event viewer is showing a 374 error which is a "heap corruption" error.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Can you please send in a support ticket?

Tim.Huston

#8 Post by Tim.Huston »

Already got that going. reference number LBVI-PWLG-VDHI, Being handled by Corjan. He says known issue and no resolution as of yet. Wants to remote my AM PC. Not a big fan of that but if its the only way to fix this then im in. Got the entire weekend available. USA, Eastern time

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

We can't reproduce the issue ourselves, so that's only option.

Tim.Huston

#10 Post by Tim.Huston »

Corjan from sim innovation support team linked into my Laptop via TeamViewer today. Crash happened and he got some good intel. Only change today was that AM just froze and did not crash to desktop.

Great effort today to fix this issue unfortunately he will need to be in the office and get back with my this coming week...

Thanks !