Air Manager 4.2.1 Very slow/sluggish

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Corjan

Re: Air Manager 4.2.1 Very slow/sluggish

#31 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

After a bit more digging, I think I found the issue.

To whom it concerns, please check this version:
https://siminnovations.com/public/am_4_ ... didate.exe

Note that the setup will replace the release version of AM, but will still show up as AM 4.2.1.

I'm curious if this also fixes it for you guys. If it does, I will package this binary as a new AM 4.2.2 release.

Corjan

Corjan

#32 Post by Corjan »

davenicoll wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:50 pm Hi Guys,

Corjan linked in with me today and did very thorough testing and trial and error.

My issue was the delay in turning my rotary on my G5 units to it actually being implemented in the sim, there was a delay.

Corjan identified that the issue arose when AM was allowed to start with the sim, as in my case. Starting AM manually and all worked as it should.

So at present the workaround, certainly in my case will be to start AM manually. However, just because that has now got me up and running Corjan said he will be doing more testing in the office to find and fix the issue.

Try starting it manually, it worked for me and I will await a permanent fix.

I must add Corjan was VERY professional and friendly in his dealings with me and is determined to get to the bottom of it. It was a pleasure talking with him and allowing him to test on my system.

Dave

Thanks for the kind words, very much appreciated!

Regards Corjan

Fohmalhaut

#33 Post by Fohmalhaut »

Good morning "Corjan". I have tried the version you propose (4.2.2) and at least for me it doesn't solve the problem: there is still a delay between pressing the buttons and the response.
Regards

Corjan

#34 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Damn, I really thought I found the issue, guess not :)
Have some remote sessions lined up, hopefully those help me narrow it down.

Did you feel like it behaved differently compared to the older version, or would you say the same?

Corjan

Fohmalhaut

#35 Post by Fohmalhaut »

Thank you very much Corjan for your help in a quick connected session. You have done something because now, apparently, AM is running smooth as silk.
I'll keep testing, but this is the first time since days that AM is working properly.