Air Manager 4.2.1 Very slow/sluggish

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Air Manager 4.2.1 Very slow/sluggish

#11 Post by Ralph »

I'm available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1000 until 1600 CET, so anyone who's available :)

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:45 am I'm available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1000 until 1600 CET, so anyone who's available :)
Hi @Ralph, I would like to point out a important point, which would be potentially not easily understandable on your side, bringing a rather very un-clear situation on our side, as we don't know what is done in the SI background, so let me try to clarify (if I don't rather make it un-clear, hope not in any case 🙄) :
  • Previously we were having both FlightSim plugin 4.1 and 4.2 BETA 2
  • We are now on 4.2 final
  • We have now FlightSim plugin 4.1 only and no more plugin downloadable on BETA side
Eventually we don't know if the flight sim plugin has been reworked to be in sync with current AM 4.2.n final, so will it be suggested to everyone to redownload the FS plugin 4.1 again ??? 🤔 If this is the case, meaning yes, indeed it would have been simpler to tag this new FS plugin as 4.2, right ??

image.png

And oh ... one last word, the important point to understand, the versioning is very useful to help in clarifying the situation, better ... it's even crucial to avoid generating support from SI and not to miss people on software install and usage 🙂
Last edited by SimPassion on Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I have no issues using the last AM4.2 (beta2) plugin.
If peeps want to try the last beta plugin. Here is a link to the one I downloaded on the 17/12/2023.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mIfLiX ... sp=sharing
Please let me know if it helps.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

ChuckK

#14 Post by ChuckK »

I have tried the BETA2 plugin and am experiencing very slow or no hardware connectivity.

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

ChuckK wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:39 am I have tried the BETA2 plugin and am experiencing very slow or no hardware connectivity.
Hi,

OK then it must be something else.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#16 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

We tried it here, and off coarse everything seems to be fine here :)
Chuck, do you maybe have time in the coming days to diagnose this through a teamviewer session?

This is a bit weird to me, since I don't think I changed any code related to the hardware connections.

Corjan

davenicoll

#17 Post by davenicoll »

Just to add from me...

I also have 2 Flight Illusion units (Bendix style DME & ADF) and have just gone for a flight and they work perfectly.

My 2 G5 units are sill not keeping up with my inputs making them not much use ..

Hope this is resolved fairly quickly...I am also open to being debugged lol..

Dave

Corjan

#18 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Sure, let me know what time is convenient for you. You can reach me on corjan@siminnovations.com
Hare to say how fast I am able to fix this, depends on how easy it is to track and fix. It surely has my focus though, I want to fix this asap.

Corjan

SimPassion

#19 Post by SimPassion »

SimPassion wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:19 am
Ralph wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:45 am I'm available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1000 until 1600 CET, so anyone who's available :)
Hi @Ralph, I would like to point out a important point, which would be potentially not easily understandable on your side, bringing a rather very un-clear situation on our side, as we don't know what is done in the SI background, so let me try to clarify (if I don't rather make it un-clear, hope not in any case 🙄) :
  • Previously we were having both FlightSim plugin 4.1 and 4.2 BETA 2
  • We are now on 4.2 final
  • We have now FlightSim plugin 4.1 only and no more plugin downloadable on BETA side
Eventually we don't know if the flight sim plugin has been reworked to be in sync with current AM 4.2.n final, so will it be suggested to everyone to redownload the FS plugin 4.1 again ??? 🤔 If this is the case, meaning yes, indeed it would have been simpler to tag this new FS plugin as 4.2, right ??

And oh ... one last word, the important point to understand, the versioning is very useful to help in clarifying the situation, better ... it's even crucial to avoid generating support from SI and not to miss people on software install and usage 🙂
Indeed and as always, without answer we don't know if the request has been acknowledged and if a fixing action has been decided and is in preparation ...

Again release number clarification is a major part, which helps any software publishing all over the world and I would add my contribution to help Air Manager to be in sync over the whole product line, then fully understandable and clever in mind on both sides ...
We'll see definitely if my intervention will be useful or not ... 😉

As an example and shown not in sync below, so the confusion is maintained through years and similars questions come again and again from simmers not knowing what they have to do and to what to be confident, this is exactly what we've read these last days in several similar situation :

image.png
image.png (13.88 KiB) Viewed 689 times
image.png
image.png (10.89 KiB) Viewed 689 times

Corjan

#20 Post by Corjan »

Its a coincidence that the plugin and AM version are almost the same, there is no connection there,

Corjan