Air Manager 4.2 has been released

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Air Manager 4.2 has been released

#21 Post by Ralph »

The problem is already solved, there's a new version coming up this week.

jemac3

#22 Post by jemac3 »

Great News!!!
Thanks Ralph

Sling

#23 Post by Sling »

Have had a few reports of things not working after the upgrade to AM4.2. No idea what the fixes are yet but if this comes down to differences in the way the instrument scripts ate executed then what are these differences. Is 4.2 less tolerant of small errors that perhaps 4.1.6 let go. Just trying to understand why this is happening and Ralph's previous comments that so far lots of what's been seen by SI have been scripting errors.

If there are things that now need to be done differently then I have to wonder how many existing instruments/panels will need attention to make them comply with 4.2.. if there are indeed differences then is it realistic to expect a list of those differences?

Corjan

#24 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

To my knowledge there have not been any significant changes made to the API between AM 4.1 and AM 4.2, so no changes needed on lua side.

There have been quite some problems in AM and AP itself, which are fixed for the most part. Will push a new AM 4.2.2 release in a bit.

Corjan

Sling

#25 Post by Sling »

Thanks Corjan. So these reports of instruments that worked in 4.1 but not in 4.2 are likely the result of these other issues right? Not anything wrong with the scripts. Let’s hope what you’ve found and fixed is the resolution.

Corjan

#26 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

It is all a bit vague :)

If there are still issues after the latest AM 4.2.2 version, please let me know what is wrong exactly so I can have a look at it.

Corjan

Pat738

#27 Post by Pat738 »

I'm Glad to report that v4.2.2 has resolved the Flight Illusion Gauges not initializing. All the 15 Flight Illusion Gauges are ALIVE.

Pat

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks @Corjan for the groups behavior in 4.2. It works now as intended. 👍👏 Just installed 4.2.2 today

jph

#29 Post by jph »

Just awaiting sling's apology .......................... :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Pat738

#30 Post by Pat738 »

I've got a separate anomaly with AM4.2.2,,,, Ever since AM4.2 my Air Manager program shuts down continuously. On a MicroSoft Surface Pro I run two programs. Navigraph Charts and Air Manager w/ Flight Illusion Gauges and Zibomod EFB. The Air Manager CTD all the time. Sometimes it runs for hours and sometimes it shuts down after 2 minutes. The other Navigraph "Desktop" continues to run. I've tried every Windows setting I can find and no change. I just can't put a finger on why Air Manager CTD. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Pat