[SOLVED & RPi Pico Issue] NANO - CH340 - Win 11 - Flashing issues / RPi Pico communication issue MessagePort

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: [SOLVED & RPi Pico Issue] NANO - CH340 - Win 11 - Flashing issues / RPi Pico communication issue MessagePort

#101 Post by SimPassion »

Indeed, I see better now on the previous one, which I consider out of service, didn't had the VREF pad soldered, as you also pointed out initially Joe.
Though would be interesting to solder this one and see what will going on ... 🤔

image.png

jph

Re: [SOLVED & RPi Pico Issue] NANO - CH340 - Win 11 - Flashing issues / RPi Pico communication issue MessagePort

#102 Post by jph »

SimPassion wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:29 am Indeed, I see better now on the previous one, which I consider out of service, didn't had the VREF pad soldered, as you also pointed out initially Joe.
Though would be interesting to solder this one and see what will going on ... 🤔

image.png
Oh definitely Gilles. If the previous one did not have the pads soldered then please try again. :)
I do apologise, I should have been clearer on my initial post.

Out of interest, the ATX PSU adapters arrived and are REALLY nice and well built.

They are around 10cm Square,
atx psu board.jpg
I also have a couple of new PICO boards - original design - mostly , but with USB C connector and a revised non buck boost psu (quite good) - as well as PICO WIFI - original - boards. - oh, and the 4" LCD HDMI board arrived. I am a bit overloaded at the moment haha :lol:

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#103 Post by SimPassion »

jph wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:44 am .../...
Out of interest, the ATX PSU adapters arrived and are REALLY nice and well built.

They are around 10cm Square,

I also have a couple of new PICO boards - original design - mostly , but with USB C connector and a revised non buck boost psu (quite good) - as well as PICO WIFI - original - boards. - oh, and the 4" LCD HDMI board arrived. I am a bit overloaded at the moment haha :lol:

Joe
Nice projects are coming along ... 👍😉
The ATX PSU looks quite interesting, will have a look for next ...
Last edited by SimPassion on Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jph

#104 Post by jph »

Hi Gilles, I didn't show in my image but the atx PSU adapter also includes a clear plastic cover to keep fingers out and also proper feet to keep the board away from the table. There is a button on / off and also a connector for on / off.
There is an infra red led detector but this is not really useful or usable.
I was probably also a bit off on the size, I would say it is around 8cm x 8cm

Got the freenove boards for pico - I ordered 2. They are VERY nice indeed, thanks for the recommendation. :)
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#105 Post by SimPassion »

Hi Joe, very good news, my initial VCC-GND RP2040 has been revived and the ADC is working properly.
It was only the VREF pad not soldered on delivery and just had a few minutes to have a look atm on this issue :

image.png
image.png

jph

#106 Post by jph »

Excellent news :D
It is so good when something that you fear is faulty is then fixed. Nice work!
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#107 Post by SimPassion »

Made a new attempt with Message Port and the Neopixel with the alternate Pico RP2040 AITEXM/Winbond (TZT like) which isn't seen from Air Manager 4.2.4, where the VCC-GND was seen previously as Arduino UNO (still ok with this VCC-GND after re flashing atm)

Will have a look tomorrow, a bit late today

[EDIT] Made precision, as I was wrong on the model description which was used for testing

jph

#108 Post by jph »

SimPassion wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:40 pm Made a new attempt with Message Port and the Neopixel with the alternate Pico RP2040 AITEXM/Winbond (TZT like) which isn't seen from Air Manager 4.2.4, where the VCC-GND was seen previously as Arduino UNO (still ok with this VCC-GND after re flashing atm)

Will have a look tomorrow, a bit late today

[EDIT] Made precision, as I was wrong on the model description which was used for testing
:) Glad you got it sorted. I just tend to select 'generic RP2040' for the chinese ones :lol: all seem to work.
The genuine pico - I think you got on ? - if so then you can up the clock speed up to 240 MHz from 133 and it will fly ! it wont work on the Chinese boards due to the ram being incapable of running at those speeds.
It will be good when you get a strip of Neo Pixels to experiment with, they are very entertaining.
(sorry for delay with PM, will get back to you soon)
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#109 Post by SimPassion »

Made an arrangement to your instrument this morning Joe, in order to add more tints
I will also put the INO sketch for brightness handling using an ADC input

image.png
image.png (31.17 KiB) Viewed 981 times

[EDIT] updated to v0.0.2 - fix for click spots location
Last edited by SimPassion on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jph

#110 Post by jph »

Excellent Gilles. :)

A point you may well be aware of but if not then when using brightness it is not advisable to use the 'global' brightness on a regular basis. Use the method of lowering the individual RGB intensity by individual pixel units. Even if it means a loop through of each pixel if making a mass change.
Using adc input should be great. I have a version somewhere where I used an encoder and that worked great also.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.