Identification of Personal Instruments in AM4.2

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Identification of Personal Instruments in AM4.2

#1 Post by Sling »

I just recently started to use the AM4.2 beta in earnest. I have been following along with the beta’s progression and obviously trying out the new features, but I’ve not really done any day to day work until now.

I absolutely love the new groups feature in create/edit it adds much needed organisation for an ever growing list of instruments and something I was in favour of, so a big thanks for that. However the removal of the personal tag on the assumption that now we have groups and it is no longer required is a massive backward step in my view. Unless I’m missing something I have no way of identifying instruments of the same name when adding them to a panel. It’s basically back to pot luck. With the tag present you are able to tell your instruments apart from others and select accordingly.

Please re-enable the personal tag for 4.2 it’s sorely missed.

Keith Baxter

Re: Identification of Personal Instruments in AM4.2

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

+1
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#3 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Guess you win some, you lose some :)

I opted to remove it, both since there is a similar system, and because the personal tag was never implemented correctly (it is part of plugin folder, where it should be user config).

My guess is that you want to see a distinction in the add instrument window right? I could add groups to the top of the aircraft list there.

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi, @Corjan

I think this falls under Personal instrument ID

Lets first talk about the warning banner indicated in this image.
This instrument was submitted to the store but rejected by Tony because AM4.2 was not released
You can check this UUID 669af698-64b1-49da-0cb6-5c178d3c1830 It is not in the store.

The question is what triggers the warning banner. I thought that was the personal instrument check box.

The second issue is why do I have 3 instruments with the same UUID? I checked and the logic.lua scripts are exactly the same.

669af698-64b1-49da-0cb6-5c178d3c1830
ice_screenshot_20231129-134434.png
Thanks
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#5 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

You probably did a couple of copy/pastes of some instrument folders.
I don't recommend it, but you can have multiple folders with the same instrument, all with the same UUID.

This is exactly why it is not smart to mess with the underlying folder structure to much.

Corjan

Corjan

#6 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

If you press the folder button, you probably get three different folders.

Not 100% sure though, since the folder name might be generated from UUID... been a while since I made that :)

Corjan

SimPassion

#7 Post by SimPassion »

Indeed, we don't have to copy paste folders manually as the info.xml will keep the UUID.
So the proper way is to use the AM Clone feature ...

Keith Baxter

#8 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I never copped UUID’s in any folder. I only create instruments in AM.

I am wondering if an external editor is doing something?
I use notepad++ maybe something there when saving code changes. Weared.

Keith

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I have power/load shedding ATM. I will go through the Open Directory and delete duplicates. Will revert.

I recall reporting this auto instrument create before. I thought it was fixed.
Will check the creation dates of the uuid instrument. That might give a clue.

Keith

SimPassion

#10 Post by SimPassion »

Hi @Corjan, to your attention, just made a quick testing and eventually it looks like there's some weird behavior while importing same instrument from file system. Before going to in deep testing on my side and after current fixing tasks around instruments, I have at first to backup my whole user folder to avoid the AM database being compromised. I've seen the same instrument (UUID fully ok from a previous backup), added near the same previous existing one with the same name, which shouldn't occurs. While deleting the second one, I loosed the script of the first one on display and only recovered after deleting the first one which made pointed the script to a very different instrument and finally the full recovering was made after AM restart ... so a bunch of wondering here ... ???

AM 4.2 Beta 31