ATR 72-600 instrument collection (and ATR 42)

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

ATR 72-600 instrument collection (and ATR 42)

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hi pilots,

I have made a couple of instruments for the Asobo ATR 72/42-600 turboprop aircraft. In contrast to my 737 instruments this time I have not the goal to have a l l overhead instruments included (that would be nice but is too much work for me right now).

Attention: you must have Airmanager Beta and plug-in installed. Otherwise most instruments won't work. (They use the AM function fs2020_rpn().)
ATR 72-600 - Adaptive Background.siff
(161.02 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
atr-72-instruments-2.siff
(327.22 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
atr-72-instruments-1.siff
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
atr-cockpit-screenshot.png
The instruments from atr-72-instruments-2.siff are AC volt meter freq meter and so on. They do work but not always completely accurately because I did not find the correct simvars in all cases. Help would be appreciated!

The throttle quadrant instrument has an option to select ATR-72 or ATR-42 because of the different number of flaps stops.

If you want the automatic interior night/day lighting, you need to install Generic - Ambient Light Dimmer instrument from the lib. Also you might be interested to have that lighting working for your panel background also. Take a look at the Adaptive Background instrument included in the .siff file. I have two Full HD Screens next to each other for the instruments. So you need to adapt the background pictures and the .lua file of the Adaptive Background instrument to your needs.

If you find something not working please report to me.

Thank you
Detlef

frumpy

Re: ATR 72-600 instrument collection (and ATR 42)

#2 Post by frumpy »

Looks very good! How many hours did you work on this? :)

As for using the beta, there is no beta of the plugin available: https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ugins_BETA
Which plugin should I use?

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

frumpy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:45 pm Looks very good! How many hours did you work on this? :)

As for using the beta, there is no beta of the plugin available: https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ugins_BETA
Latest FS Plugin 4.1 Final (which includes all fixes), as mentioned in another thread

Detlef

#4 Post by Detlef »

frumpy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:45 pm Looks very good! How many hours did you work on this? :)

Thank you, but if you ask about the hours. I have not counted them :) I think may be about two to three months. And I was that fast only because I used illumination functions from my previous aircraft instruments. I actually like to fly the ATR aircraft now (2nd to the 737). - Regarding the BETA plug-in, @SimPassion is right. Just use the latest plug-in from AM 4.1.

See you
Detlef

jph

#5 Post by jph »

SimPassion wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:16 pm

Latest FS Plugin 4.1 Final (which includes all fixes), as mentioned in another thread
Exactly,
This is an oversight from SI in that - IF they have a beta plug in entry on the wiki, and they DO, then the plugin should at least ALSO be in there.
:)
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Detlef

#6 Post by Detlef »

jph wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:10 am IF they have a beta plug in entry on the wiki, and they DO, then the plugin should at least ALSO be in there.
:)
Joe
Right Joe :)

frumpy

#7 Post by frumpy »

I installed the panel, but I believe there are a few gauges missing? Could you please check if they are complete?
Screenshot 2023-10-20 175441.png

Detlef

#8 Post by Detlef »

I will check tomorrow. If you mean the Generic light dimmer though, that is not mine and you can find it in the lib. Maybe you can mark rhe ones you mean in my picture?

My guess is, you probably refer to instruments that are only relevant in my (DIY) hardware.

Thank you for your feedback,
Detlef

frumpy

#9 Post by frumpy »

Ah yes, the ambient light dimmer was one of them :)
I am thinking of the grey gauges on the bottom left and top right. So I suppose the refer to the DIY hardware? You are using a DIY Knobster with a touchscreen I suppose?

Detlef

#10 Post by Detlef »

No, not DIY knobsters, I use Arduino Mega boards connected to switches, rotary encoders and LEDs. For example for setting altitute, heading, speed and so on. I have one instrument I call "HW panel server" (in my ATR panel bottom left). That instrument shows which part of my hardware works with the aircraft currently loaded. And there are "invisible" AM instruments that do the communication with my knobs, switches and so on. They have no visual display at all on the screen.

And then there is an instrument (top right here) I use to press WIN or ESC key. 99 % persent of the time I don't need the keyboard for flying. In the 737 I also can use buttons on that instrument to show the overhead instruments when I need them. - So all very specific for my setup :)

Thank you
Detlef
my-atr.JPG