Trouble with 10+ FPS drop when panels are launched in X-Plane 12

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Trouble with 10+ FPS drop when panels are launched in X-Plane 12

#31 Post by jph »

Buckytooths wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:27 pm Hello JPH!
Yes I use GSYNC. The 3x32" IPS LG Nano monitors are GSYNC. The 21" Asus Touchscreens are not. I use the basic settings for Multimonitor in MSFS. +90 and 90. No perspective correction stuff.
Not sure how much experience you have, but you are on the right track with Air Manager. Particularly the Desktop solution with touchscreens. The MSFS Longitude has a great G5000 with Touch controllers and has a complete AM Panel made by Sling at ExperimentalSimAvionics Com. It is like $22. Well worth it. Not affiliated.
I flew XP Aerobask Phenom300 on Vatsim for years. Great airplane. Only has G1000 tho. There is bad and good about both platforms, but right now I would look at MSFS due to perf issues in XP12.
I don't see any drop in frame rates when using Popout Manager and Air Manager in MSFS. I use 2 touchscreens.
I have an outdated website that you can get more info/pictures. AviationKnowledge Org I don't sell anything. I am retired and do everything for free.
The Air Manager Desktop solution with touchscreens/knobster is great and flexible. I have had hardware home cockpits in the past. One is pretty much stuck with whatever aircraft they built and the hardware they purchased. With AM Desktop I can load and setup different aircraft in about 1/2 hour or less. I also don't need to configure buttons on controllers. All the buttons/switches are right on the panel and ready to go as soon as loaded. If you need some help, just let me know.
Good Luck
I have plenty of experience ... don't worry old chap. It seems you have major issues with angular placement of the monitors, as I thought. That is a huge distraction. As for the user 'sling' I have no interest in what it offers it is limited. It doesnt alter the perspective correction. 90 +- angular is horrible as the resolution is compromised due to the closeness of the monitors.

So, not very informative really. but thanks for the input. ;-)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

paul_max

#32 Post by paul_max »

I believe there is a huge $$$ market for 2D Boeing/Airbus panels like PFD, ND, EICAS, ECAM. I still find it surprising SI are not going after that market to increase business.

With photo realistic world wide rendering every GPU is fully utilised, and they fall over rendering pop out instruments. FSX displayed 2D panels efficiently a decade ago on far slower PCs than we have today, but along the way the panels are now rendered in 3D which is big hit on the GPU when popped out.

Air Manager is simply perfect for additional pop out 2D instruments, from simple steam gauges upwards.

What happened to the Honeycomb Delta panels? - WiFi connected to the SIm and most likely AM based? If not, why not?
Delta-widebody-Next-Gen-Airliner.jpg
The Delta hardware market has tough competition from old/cheap monitors on old PCs, you could sell the software easily.

Ralph

#33 Post by Ralph »

We're already working on a full 737 panel. We plan to showcase this during FS Weekend.

The Delta Displays were indeed going to run our software. But we have no idea about its current status. Just like everybody else, we haven't heard from Honeycomb in a long time.

jph

#34 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:29 pm We're already working on a full 737 panel. We plan to showcase this during FS Weekend.

The Delta Displays were indeed going to run our software. But we have no idea about its current status. Just like everybody else, we haven't heard from Honeycomb in a long time.
Hi Ralph, will this be coded or simply 'streamed' for the pfd graphics etc ? - if streamed that is purely X-Plane then ? . Also, is this using multi cores ?
Thanks, Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.