Trouble with 10+ FPS drop when panels are launched in X-Plane 12

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Trouble with 10+ FPS drop when panels are launched in X-Plane 12

#21 Post by Ralph »

Again, please let me know if you are using the latest beta plugin.

CapitanBob2021

#22 Post by CapitanBob2021 »

Ralph wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:39 pm Again, please let me know if you are using the latest beta plugin.
I believe so. How do I tell which version it is? I just installed the latest plugin on PC2 about a week ago.
Just learning to fly.

jph

#24 Post by jph »

CapitanBob2021 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:30 pm
jph wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:53 pm Bob
please explain what exactly you are running 5 monitors on and how ? - you have a 4090, how are you running 5 monitors ? - are any of them usb3 ? - are you using the onboard processor gpu also ?

Also what exact resolutions are you using on each monitor ?

Joe
I am using a USB3 to dual HDMI output for touch screen monitors.
Otherwise I could use 4th 4090 output and MB HDMI port. Do you think that will make a difference? Either way it still doesn’t explain the streaming issue.
Absolutely yes, the usb3 to hdmi will use valuable processor resources.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

CapitanBob2021

#25 Post by CapitanBob2021 »

I will try those links once I get sim rebuilt. Busy moving it right now to a room Ijust finished in the basement. Hoping to keep it cooler year round.
IMG_6726.jpeg
IMG_6734.jpeg
IMG_6735.jpeg
Just learning to fly.

CapitanBob2021

#26 Post by CapitanBob2021 »

Ralph,
That link or the new release update, either one fixed the streaming issue. I appreciate your patience with me and for providing good advice. That’s so much. Room is complete, flight sim re-assembled and tested. All is well, at least for now.

Have a great weekend all and thanks all who gave suggestions.
IMG_6743.jpeg
IMG_6745.jpeg
IMG_6746.jpeg
IMG_6747.jpeg
IMG_6744.jpeg
Just learning to fly.

Buckytooths

#27 Post by Buckytooths »

jph wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:28 pm Hello Bob,
No, there is nothing better out there 'yet' imho.
MSFS is looking to be a contender in another 1 to 2 years.
Hello!
I have been XP user for about 20 years now. I realize your frustration with perf issues. I run 3 monitors and 2 AM touchscreens/knobster. XP 12 has real perf issues so I had to move to MSFS. I currently run all 5 monitors on 1 computer at UHD 1440p on 3xLG Nano 32" IPS and HD on 2 touchscreens. Corsair 4090 i9. Settings mostly ultra. FPS at heavy airports around very smooth/crisp 35-40 and in air 60+. MSFS has many many options for CPU bottlenecks and perf is much much better than XP 12.8 and Vulcan or OpenGL.
The photos are Asobo Longitude (comes with deluxe purchase) with G5000 (awesome). Experimental sim Avionics has great Longitude panel for $25. Well worth it. The Long has Auto Throttle. Thrust Reversers, Advanced coupled VNAV, Nosewheel steering. It performs like an Airbus 320 without all the hastle of airliners. Truly best aircraft for VATSIM events. I also use free Pop Out Manager and there is literally 1 fps hit if any. XP is much easier to use but graphics and perf for multimonitor systems is far superior in MSFS. I still have my 2080ti and MSFS will run 3 wide at 1440p and one Touchscreen on high settings. Might run 2 touch if lower settings. Looks very nice, but obviously not as nice as 3x32" at 1440 and ultra. Check out my mobile sim and pics of 4090. Good Luck. Sadly Vulcan will never compete with DirectX12 or Nvidia DLSS.
MSFSLongitudeand AirmanagerMobisim.jpg
MSFSLongitudeand Airmanager.jpg

jph

#28 Post by jph »

Thank Bucky ! really useful and appreciated.
A lovely looking setup. Are you using gsync ? - also are you using the tools they added to msfs for perspective correction with angled monitors ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Buckytooths

#29 Post by Buckytooths »

Hello JPH!
Yes I use GSYNC. The 3x32" IPS LG Nano monitors are GSYNC. The 21" Asus Touchscreens are not. I use the basic settings for Multimonitor in MSFS. +90 and 90. No perspective correction stuff.
Not sure how much experience you have, but you are on the right track with Air Manager. Particularly the Desktop solution with touchscreens. The MSFS Longitude has a great G5000 with Touch controllers and has a complete AM Panel made by Sling at ExperimentalSimAvionics Com. It is like $22. Well worth it. Not affiliated.
I flew XP Aerobask Phenom300 on Vatsim for years. Great airplane. Only has G1000 tho. There is bad and good about both platforms, but right now I would look at MSFS due to perf issues in XP12.
I don't see any drop in frame rates when using Popout Manager and Air Manager in MSFS. I use 2 touchscreens.
I have an outdated website that you can get more info/pictures. AviationKnowledge Org I don't sell anything. I am retired and do everything for free.
The Air Manager Desktop solution with touchscreens/knobster is great and flexible. I have had hardware home cockpits in the past. One is pretty much stuck with whatever aircraft they built and the hardware they purchased. With AM Desktop I can load and setup different aircraft in about 1/2 hour or less. I also don't need to configure buttons on controllers. All the buttons/switches are right on the panel and ready to go as soon as loaded. If you need some help, just let me know.
Good Luck

SimPassion

#30 Post by SimPassion »

Very informative site @Buckytooths 👍
https://aviationknowledge.org/
Will have a look into DTPP area