Air Manager 4.3

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Air Manager 4.3

#81 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I think further dev on AM4.2 should be moot.
Lets get AM4.2 out as it is,then we can have AM4.3 beta with all this new cool stuff.. :mrgreen:

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#82 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Yeah, that is the plan.
We are slowly finishing testing and getting all the remaining bugs out.

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#83 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:20 pm Hi,

Yeah, that is the plan.
We are slowly finishing testing and getting all the remaining bugs out.

Corjan
Awesome.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#84 Post by SimPassion »

Great news @Corjan Good luck on the build 👍

Sling

#85 Post by Sling »

frumpy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:11 am Also, how deep do you want to go into it? Speaking for me, I am a fan of the restructuring MS Office got in 2007. I was a quite significant change,
but was well done and lasts until today.
If that was the update when they added the ribbon then it helps makes Corjan’s point about all users having an opinion and preference on UI because I hated the ribbon update for office.

I totally agree on identifying the reason for change though. Identify what’s not working well and focus on addressing that. Keep what already works well. I find most of the time UI’s get changed for change sake. Once a user base gets used to using stuff a certain way what’s the point of making massive UI changes. All it does is force the users to learn what’s essentially new software. Some users take that opportunity to jump ship and switch to something else. Why run the risk.

Talking generally here and not specifically AM.

I think what Corjan has outlined here is not drastic and therefore will not force a complete Re learn which is obviously beneficial for all existing users.

Keith Baxter

#86 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Just putting this here as well.
The older community will really appreciate.
I have always stuck my nose 6" to 10" away from the screen to reed the datarefs, and some stuff in the AM UI.
So this feature in DRT is welcomed. Lets hope AM takes note and follows the trend of helping those that are visually challenged. Suggesting that the dev in this area becomes a huge priority. I think the SI guys will listen.
viewtopic.php?p=57583#p57583

Keith

Thierry1957

#87 Post by Thierry1957 »

Hi Corjan

Not in your list of improvment
add in Gauge & panel "download window" a filter as a three choices
All / already downloaded / not yet downloaded
it becomes difficult with the hundred of existant community & payware gauges & panels to see very quickly the instruments which are already or not yet downloaded, for example to install on the PC the not yet downloaded new available instrument
you have to browse all the list

SimPassion

#88 Post by SimPassion »

Thierry1957 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:07 pm Hi Corjan

it becomes difficult with the hundred of existant community & payware gauges & panels to see very quickly the instruments which are already or not yet downloaded, for example to install on the PC the not yet downloaded new available instrument
+1 for this @Corjan, to your attention

Sling

#89 Post by Sling »

When importing .siff files if you only want a couple of instruments from a larger collection you first have to manually one by one unstick all the un-wanted ones. It would be really helpful if there was a tick all/un-tick all toggle for this.

Corjan

#90 Post by Corjan »

Thierry1957 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:07 pm Hi Corjan

Hi,

Would rather not go that route.

The idea is that you simply select the instrumetns you want, regardless of where they might be.
Also, in most countries there is a stable internet connection.

Corjan