Can’t see PFD/MFD pop outs

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Binto100

Can’t see PFD/MFD pop outs

#1 Post by Binto100 »

When I go to pop out the PFD or MFD I get the circle x but nothing happens when I click. The co-pilot MFD pops out no problem. This makes me think that the pop outs are ‘going somewhere’ previously set when working with Air Manager. Is there a way to reset the pop out?

Crunchmeister

Re: Can’t see PFD/MFD pop outs

#2 Post by Crunchmeister »

Well, this isn't an issue related to Air Manager. This is a sim thing. Chances are that the window is popping out off screen. While in theory Asobo's new feature of remembering popout positions is a good idea in theory, the implementation is half-assed as is with any of their PC-only functions.

I would recommend using Popout Panel Manager (get from flightsim.to), which is an excellent 3rd party tool. It will pop out and place windows for you, and even lets you adjust positions and sizes numerically via direct input vs resizing windows with mouse. If said windows pop out offscreen, you can set their position to 0, 0 and they'll be at the top left of your primary monitor so you can easily find and place them.

Also, POPM can automatically pop out the windows for you once you load into the plane, which is nice. And if you use a plane that has touch avionics like the G3000/5000, GTN, or G3X, you can enable touch support so you can use it with touch, the way it was meant to be.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Binto100

#3 Post by Binto100 »

Thank you. It is also my opinion that the screens are already popped out somewhere as a result of experimenting with AM then installing MSFS2020 on a brand new build computer where it brought the screen settings forward. Since they are already popped out wilL POPM still make them visible if I set them to 0,0? I guess I’ll give it a go. Also I considered there must be a config file somewhere with the current pop out setting?

Crunchmeister

#4 Post by Crunchmeister »

Set the position coordinates to 0, 0 and you're good to go to set them properly. There's no need to mess with any config files.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com