Understanding Knobster in MSFS 2020

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

sdl254@gmail.com

Understanding Knobster in MSFS 2020

#1 Post by sdl254@gmail.com »

Hi!

I ordered Knobster and AirManager with the understanding that I would be able to use Knobster in the VC of MS2020.... It doesn't seem to work. I found KnobFS and that only allows me to use a list of functions....since I don't fly with VR, I find it somewhat useless to scroll through a list of controls.... when I can just use the mouse in the VC and use the scrollwheel instead. I'd like to replicate the function of the real life knob, so that's why I wanted Knobster. Am I missing something ? How can I get Knobster to work with the VC directly in MSFS2020

Thanks!
Shane

SimPassion

Re: Understanding Knobster in MSFS 2020

#2 Post by SimPassion »

sdl254@gmail.com wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:34 pm Hi!

I ordered Knobster and AirManager with the understanding that I would be able to use Knobster in the VC of MS2020.... It doesn't seem to work. I found KnobFS and that only allows me to use a list of functions....since I don't fly with VR, I find it somewhat useless to scroll through a list of controls.... when I can just use the mouse in the VC and use the scrollwheel instead. I'd like to replicate the function of the real life knob, so that's why I wanted Knobster. Am I missing something ? How can I get Knobster to work with the VC directly in MSFS2020

Thanks!
Shane
Hi Shane, how would you do, as the Knobster only target one dial/knob at a time ?
At least we have to designate at first the dial/knob we want to rotate, this is where come the controls list ...

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

That's not possible, Microsoft would have to make that possible. But it is also not what we advertise it to be.

Crunchmeister

#4 Post by Crunchmeister »

Spad.next will recognize the Knobster and set it as an input device so it can be used with out Air Manager. But then, you only have control of a single knob with it. You can't use it for any knob in the VC.

Really, the Knobster was designed to be used with Air Manager. That's where its true power lies. The fact that SI added KnobFS for VR use is really just an extra bonus feature for VR users. While it does work in normal mode, it's not really the way it was intended to be used.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com