Pushing instruments to 2nd copy of Air Manager

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

steveald

Pushing instruments to 2nd copy of Air Manager

#1 Post by steveald »

Hi,
I would like to push the instruments I develop on my desk pc running Air Manager to my sim running Air Manager, and create panels remotely the same as I do to my pc's running Air Player. Is this not possible with 2 Air Manager licenses on 2 pcs?

Thanks,
Steve

Crunchmeister

Re: Pushing instruments to 2nd copy of Air Manager

#2 Post by Crunchmeister »

You can't directly push from one version to the other. It will require manually moving the instruments from one computer to the other. There are 2 ways to do that.

1. Use the EXPORT feature - Export your instruments to SIFF files and manually move them to the other computer. You can do this with physical media or across your network. You can include multiple instruments in a single SIFF file, so you don't have to do multiple instruments individually.

2. Move your instrument folder over to the other computer - Instruments and panels are stored in c:\users\<username>\Air Manager if I remember correctly (sorry, at work atm and can't check directly on my computer) or something like that. You can simply copy that entire folder over to the other computer. This will bring over any instrument and panel layouts you may have saved to the other computer.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

steveald

Re: Pushing instruments to 2nd copy of Air Manager

#3 Post by steveald »

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I have the same version, 4.16 on both computers. I bought a second license to try out 4.2 beta, but I normally run Air Player on all my sim computers, and Air Manager at my desk where I do my developing. I will go back to doing it that way, as it works perfectly for me. Hopefully AM 4.2 and AP 4.2 will be released soon, so I can use video streaming.

Steve