Activation of another panel during flight

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

rogerfisch

Activation of another panel during flight

#1 Post by rogerfisch »

While running Air Manager, I want to display an overhead panel on a monitor instead of an active panel. I was wondering if this is possible with a corresponding LUA script. So it would be helpful to invoke the overhead panel through a button on the active panel. Unfortunately, my search for information has so far been unsuccessful. I only found Russ Barlow's guide on displaying individual instruments. I'm thankful for any help!

Ralph

Re: Activation of another panel during flight

#2 Post by Ralph »

Has been dicussed a couple of times here on the forums. This is something you will have to script yourself in a panel script.

WillemijnL

Re: Activation of another panel during flight

#3 Post by WillemijnL »

Perhaps you need somehting like this: https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... 115#p34115

This panel let you add as many instruments as you want and group them. An instrument can be added to more than one group. You can place a button for each group on the panel everywhere you want to switch between the groups. A group is a kind of subpanel. In your case you can add all instrument to the panel, including the overhead panel, placing them on top of each other and then you can make two groups, one for the regular "panel" and one with the overhead panel. The groups and buttons are defined in an configuration file you have to create once.

I haven't finished this panel. I did not much in instrument developement for the last two years. But I'm now started developing again and I can finish this panel within a couple of weeks. I also want it for myself. Main thing to finish is the manual how to add the instruments and to create the groups in the configuration file.