Interfacing with AM Server?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

LarryTru

Interfacing with AM Server?

#1 Post by LarryTru »

I use a VKB Sim (vkbcontrollers.com/) stick and several of their modules. One of the modules has three LEDs which could be used to display the true landing gear state if I can figure out how to get that information out of FS2020 and into the VKM hardware.

I’ve seen there are ways to integrate custom hardware into AM, but if I understand correctly that is intended to support interoperation between AM and custom hardware which is connected to the same machine AM is running on. Is that right?

I presume AM server is tapped in to a data feed which would include landing gear status. Does AM provide any way to support customized use of its data on the machine AM Server is running on?

While writing this I realized I could probably run a second license of AM on the flight sim machine and then use AM’s established methods to interface with hardware. Would that be the recommended way to achieve my goal?

Thanks,

Larry

steveald

Re: Interfacing with AM Server?

#2 Post by steveald »

You could try Air Player on the machine with the hardware, as it is less than 1/2 the price of another AM license. I have done that with Arduino's, not sure about VKB stuff. I don't run AM on any of my sim PC's, they all have AP, and AM is on my regular desk computer so I don't have to develop instruments and panels while sitting in my simpit, I just push them to the Air Players once they are working.
Good luck with your setup.
Steve

LarryTru

#3 Post by LarryTru »

Thanks! great advice.

Larry

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

The software only connects to Arduino and Raspberry Pi, so I don't see any way to make that work.

LarryTru

#5 Post by LarryTru »

Thanks