737 textures.

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: 737 textures.

#11 Post by Keith Baxter »

Gilles,

If you have not worked it out yet, You can find the textures in these folders.
ice_screenshot_20230502-020450.png
D:\X-Plane 12\Aircraft\EXTRA\B737-800X\cockpit_3d\-PANELS-

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks Keith, I didn't get the idea it was based on this parts, so AM 4.2 Beta is just only exporting these panels textures
they are 2048 x 2048 in size, so it would now be easier to calculate the top left coordinates

I'm just wondering why sometime we get only the "Panel.png" displayed when using AM 4.2 Beta video stream, in place of "Panel_Preview.png" ??? 🤔🤨

so we get only :

image.png

where we would expect :

image.png

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

Gilles,

Not sure what you mean...
There are two texture images.
The first one is referenced........<xpl/gauges[0]>
The second one is referenced.... <xpl/gauges[1]>

If AM actually references these texture files? I do not know. But whatever happens behind uses those textures and their positioning.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#14 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:43 pm Gilles,

Not sure what you mean...
There are two texture images.
The first one is referenced........<xpl/gauges[0]>
The second one is referenced.... <xpl/gauges[1]>

If AM actually references these texture files? I do not know. But whatever happens behind uses those textures and their positioning.

Keith
I meant displayed, so it was on the AM instrument side where we get alternative display from time to time, between one and the other, this looks as a bug for me, not sure if it has been fixed by Corjan in this current AM 4.2 Beta 13 / FS plugin 4.1 Beta 9

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I played around with the IRS and electrical textures. Would love the ability to send this via SPI display. Wishing SI guys.... ;)

The beauty about this if it could be sent via SPI is that we could save a bunch of expensive GPU cards.
Also we are not restricted to the 7seg library for display. The electrical panel is actually a dot matrix display. This texture extraction comes very close, me thinks.
We can only wish Corjan finds a way for AM4.3
Boeing 737-800X - Overhead IRS (video) .siff
(1.76 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Keith

jph

#16 Post by jph »

Hi Keith,
What 'expensive GPU card' are you referring to ?

SPI is a VERY basic protocol, Each device additionally needs it's own data flow pattern and determination of functions designing to go over the base protocol. It is not a one fix for all. EVERY implementation of SPI needs to be personalised.
Not something for native AM - far far too many variables.
However, you 'can' do it now via message port. That is exactly what message port is for. What displays are you wanting SPI for ?
Cheers
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#17 Post by Keith Baxter »

Joe @jph

The planned PC is to have 1 x RTX4090 to run the main sim displays.
Then I would need aditional GPU's to run the 6 x DU's, 2 x FMC, 2 x Chronometers, 1 x ISFD, 1 x ADF, That is 3 aditional GPU cards. Probably will use RTX4060 for that.

To cut this down I wanted to use just 2 and perhaps go to RTX4070. To do that I could use a 4.3 inch TFT 480 x 480,there are a few available, and cast the video feature using something along these lines.
https://techtotinker.com/2020/08/tutori ... 8-ili9341/

If that is possible, then we could also do the same with the likes of the IRS, XPANDER and Electrical panel displays. As well as the EFB. Sourcing these displays might not be easy.

I did speak to @Corjan and he said it could work via message port. But I have no idea where to start or if we need anything special from AM to be able to cast the streams..

Keith

jph

#18 Post by jph »

Hi Keith,
Yes, I see what you mean, I have exactly the same issue - apart from my OHP displays are made from 7 seg units. I considered replacing some of the OHP displays with dedicated hardware screen - the 3.5 / 4" tft units with SPI and a fast micro such as a PICO but the displays look fine behind a smoked screen using car headlight tinting material.
That leaves what you mentioned. Of course, the 2 DUs (left and right) are luckily a single 18.5" monitor each so 4 du only need 2 outputs, but the centre and lower need their own, and yes, the dual FMCs.
I am planning on a couple of extra PCs with basic cards as none of these need anything fancy - I have a 2070 Super doing nothing, I will have a 2080ti doing nothing and I also have a pair of GTX970 units in some old lenovo machines with 3rd gen intel I7 processors in. Dirt cheap, they will run 4 outputs each no worries. The PC's are so cheap (ex corporate units) but you just need to add the gpu and replace the PSU in some cases.
The smaller 640x480 5" units you can use USB to HDMI converters, they are amazing for jobs like that, but consume a lot of cpu resources but are again absolutely ideal for small displays, and you can run quite a few one one box - without a dedicated gpu if needed so even cheaper.

It would be great for you to experiment with the Arduino IDE Keith. The bottom line is that anything you can do (within reason :) ) with the Arduino IDE you can then link via messageport. The heavy lifting is done via arduino IDE using whatever processor you chose - that runs messageport - and that is a LOT of processors. But you can just use one of your existing megas to experiment with. You could, for example, get a small SPI display and you can just load an example onto it and experiment. There are 100's of thousands of superb libraries / samples and examples out there.
You would have no issues, it would just be a new language - but it is so logical and you already have the grasp of the hardware. A lot of it is plug and 'prey' ;)
I think you would enjoy it and it would expand your options to another level. Message port is a nice simple program for passing data to or from the arduino / AM - that's all. You can pick that up in no time. It is the Arduino end main programming.
Might be worth a look ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#19 Post by jph »

@Keith Baxter
Hi, I cannot reply to your PM as you have disabled receipt of incoming messages :roll: ;)

Re the first part, yes, I am fully aware of Vortex thanks.
Another option is here
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005 ... 2433307034

you also asked -
For the CDU i bought these displays only. No driver board.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001705520738.html
And these driver boards.
https://www.robotics.org.za/HDMI7-40P?search=hdmi-40p

The controller/driver board has a 50p to 40p reducer cable. I take it that this is just a reducer cable and I simply connect the display directly??

The next question is what connection port on the board do I investigate to use with SPI/TTF/TFT etc?

Keith
The answer is that you would need to refer to the datasheets for the display and the driver board to see if they are pin compatible - or contact the company selling the hdmi - ttl board and ask them to confirm it supports the ZJ050NA-08C LCD Screen 5 inch 640x480. It may well do as the screen is pretty well used in many POS operations.
You would be better off always buying the diver board from the supplier - the seller on aliexpress sells a suitable board very cheaply and they work well. I have quite a few of them.
there are NO absolute standards for TTL 50 way, 40 way etc, again, you need to refer to the datasheet or buy the board with the panel to be safe.

As for
The next question is what connection port on the board do I investigate to use with SPI/TTF/TFT etc?
, then sorry, but the board you list does not support this.

Hope that helps Keith ?

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#20 Post by Keith Baxter »

jph wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:08 pm @Keith Baxter
Hi, I cannot reply to your PM as you have disabled receipt of incoming messages :roll: ;)
Joe
Sorry Joe. I was getting so many PM's that I switched it off. Forgot I did so. :oops:

Keith