fs2020_rpn function in AM 4.2 beta

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

fs2020_rpn function in AM 4.2 beta

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hi all and especially @Corjan,

I was happy to see this new function fs2020_rpn() coming so I installed the 4.2 beta and the plugin and tried it with the following RPN script (in my variable "par1":
6 7 (>K:2:ELECTRICAL_BUS_TO_BUS_CONNECTION_TOGGLE)

Code: Select all

fs2020_rpn(par1, function(vint, vfloat, vstring)
      if vint == nil then
        print("RPN script failed: "..par1)
      else
        print("RPN script: "..par1)
      end
    end)
It always says "RPN script failed". And the script seems to have no effect on the aircraft. Am I doing something wrong?
The script is for the freeware Salty 747-8i aircraft. It is supposed to toggle the battery on and off. I borrowed it from the Mobflight Hubhop.

Thank you for your advice
Detlef

p.s. You may but need not read this: up to this day I fail to understand why Microsoft decided to use that RPN notation invented by the old Romans. It is pretty unreadable for me. It seems to be a code that can easily be interpreted by machines but not by humans. Well, what am I saying?

Detlef

Re: fs2020_rpn function in AM 4.2 beta

#2 Post by Detlef »

Hi,

I never got a reply on my question above but I learned to love the fs2020_rpn() function by now. It is just way more simple to use the assignments (e.g. from Hubhop) and for some aircrafts it seems to be the only way. fs2020_variable_write() does not work properly. E.g. for the Asobo ATR 72-600.

Detlef