AM/AP 3.7.10 Issues

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: AM/AP 3.7.10 Issues

#21 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:44 pm Gilles,

Silly question. Are you flashing the arduino with 3.7.x ?

Keith
Indeed Keith
  1. Flashing with AM 3.7.10 when using Air Manager 3.7.10 / Air Player 3.7.10
  2. Flashing with AM 4.1.6 when using Air Manager 4.1.6 / Air Player 4.1.6
  3. Flashing with AM 4.2 Beta 8 when using Air Manager 4.2 Beta 8 / Air Player 4.1.6 or Air Player 4.1 Beta 23

Ralph

#22 Post by Ralph »

I just haven't had time to test it, no need to be upset.
I will have a look next week. But there's no support on 3.x anymore, so if that requires changes in the Air Manager code, then that's a lost cause anyway.

SimPassion

#23 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:43 pm .../...
But there's no support on 3.x anymore, so if that requires changes in the Air Manager code, then that's a lost cause anyway.
Just before thinking to release any new application release branch, the software editor responsibility is to ensure all provided features are already operational and working without any issue.
If there's no hope to get any fix for these unacceptable behaviors of hardware handling and discrepancies between Air Manager and Air Player on the same branch, this will be an issue for us, as with the person initially handling the project (a retired teacher) and me, we are both on our money out of our own pocket for each one of both (50/50 of : hardware parts, software licenses, electronics) , as the working result will be delivered as a free gift from the original educational establishment, for the benefit of future students pilots, in a structure which have not any money to deliver on the hardware cockpit and non-profit situation.

Without positive issue, we will obviously haven't any other choice than fully give up for Air Player hardware implementation on this 1:1 hardware cockpit, not to say. 😐😐😐

SimPassion

#24 Post by SimPassion »

Hi Ralph

could you please produce a short list, available publicly on the wiki, which states for each usable Air Manager and Air Player products line, the required plugin version and related release version for AM/AP, just like this below (with indeed validation by you after accurate tests on your side, I mean without issue mentioned in the logs for hardware handling and other AM/AP feature handling) :
  1. Air Manager 2.1.3 / Flightsim Plugin ??? (FSX or X-Plane plugin version ???)
  2. Air Manager 3.7.10 / Air Player 3.7.10 / Flightsim Plugin 3.8 (??? I have currently both Flightsim plugin 3.8 and 3.9 Beta 2, so I have no idea of which is the best or if it's recommended to install the Flightsim Plugin v4.n ?? )
  3. Air Manager 4.1.6 / Air Player 4.1.6 / Flightsim Plugin 4.0 (???)
This would help all of us, including SI, to know where we are and get a reference for new simmers/comers while trying to perform install (the forums are filled, on a standard and regular basis, with such request)

SimPassion

#25 Post by SimPassion »

Cheese on cake, encoder binding doesn't work either with NAMED, nor with ID's in Air Player 3.7.10 :roll: :lol:

with this in logs

Code: Select all

Illegal argument list
header :

up_detperpulse_str = user_prop_add_enum("ENCODER DETENT PER PULSE TYPE", "TYPE_1_DETENT_PER_PULSE,TYPE_2_DETENT_PER_PULSE,TYPE_4_DETENT_PER_PULSE", "TYPE_2_DETENT_PER_PULSE", "(Optional) Three available choices for Encoder detent per pulse related to your HW")
detperpulse_str = user_prop_get(up_detperpulse_str)

up_accel_num = user_prop_add_integer("ENCODER Acceleration", 1, 10, 1, "(Optional) The multiplier is the maximum number of callbacks of one dial tick when this dial is being rotated at maximum speed.")
accel_num = user_prop_get(up_accel_num)

up_debounce_ms = user_prop_add_integer("ENCODER Debounce time", 1, 200, 4, "(Optional) Select different debounce time in milliseconds. Default is 4 ms.")
debounce_ms = user_prop_get(up_debounce_ms)
using either NAMED :

hw_dial_code	= hw_dial_add("INNER Dial: Set XPNDR Mode / Digit Code",detperpulse_str,accel_num,debounce_ms,change_code)
or ID's :

hw_dial_code	= hw_dial_add("ARDUINO_MEGA2560_A_D27","ARDUINO_MEGA2560_A_D26",detperpulse_str,accel_num,debounce_ms,change_code)
I guess we would be able to use encoder with Air Player 3.7.10 ???
So which is the way ?

Ralph

#26 Post by Ralph »

I'll have a look next week, first Easter Holidays.

Ralph

#27 Post by Ralph »

It works fine here. Do you shutdown Air Player before you shutdown your PC?
And Gilles, no offence, but these are three pages filled with posts from you. You cannot expect me to go trough all of this information, please keep it short.
More information is not always better :)

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

The thing is the issues are not coming after a PC restart, the issues are coming when Air Player is running and as soon as we send the instruments set, let say after an update in one or several logic.lua
Again it works straight forward with Air Manager, with the Arduino boards bind within the UI through panels and we get issues once we making testing using Air Player with the same boards bind back to Air Player within the Air Manager [Device] tab

The PC has Windows 7 64 bits installed, as mentioned

We get error message in the logs of Air player, where there's no issue at all, when running the panel with Air Manager, without any single change, so strictly the same script

Illegal argument list
Just my guess Ralph, if you're seeing so much message and pages at a time, it is probably you are not able to read on day to day, so the list will be long at the end of the week. I've "filled" as you mentioned, because waiting for support, we had no choice to go forward with testing, so how the support will know what is done and checked, without feedback from us, or from anyone in general ? This would rather puzzled me if we don't have to ... 🤔 Not to say SI is a very small team, indeed, we already know this from a long time ago, but hey, do we have to stop to try to make any project going ahead on our side ???
Last edited by SimPassion on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimPassion

#29 Post by SimPassion »

Could you please check this instrument ?
  1. in AM 3.7.10
  2. then check AM 3.7.10 logs
  3. in AP 3.7.10
  4. then check AP 3.7.10 logs
R150ST - ARDUINO - HARDWARE HANDLING.siff
(19.71 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

[EDIT] Again, this check should be performed on Windows 7 64 bits !!!

Ralph

#30 Post by Ralph »

SimPassion wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:43 pm Just my guess Ralph, if you're seeing so much message and pages at a time, it is probably you are not able to read on day to day, so the list will be long at the end of the week. I've "filled" as you mentioned, because waiting for support, we had no choice to go forward with testing, so how the support will know what is done and checked, without feedback from us, or from anyone in general ? This would rather puzzled me if we don't have to ... 🤔 Not to say SI is a very small team, indeed, we already know this from a long time ago, but hey, do we have to stop to try to make any project going ahead on our side ???
The whole first page, and half of the second page are posts from you from just one day (April 5th). That's too much for me to digest.
I'll have a try with the SIFF you posted.