KnobFS 1.1 Home Use (BETA 2) issues

Support for KnobFS, share your experience and KnobFS modes.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

gravityevader

KnobFS 1.1 Home Use (BETA 2) issues

#1 Post by gravityevader »

Hi all,

I've tried the new beta which fixes the font size problem in VR. I can confirm that the font is now bigger, even though a bit too much for my liking, but that's on me.
The problem I have now is that mouse clicking is off, meaning that a mode different than the one I clicked on gets selected. I have to keep clicking randomly in the KnobFS window until the mode I want is activated.

I'll take this opportunity to mention another problem that I've been experiencing with version 1, which I've confirmed persists in 1.1: the knobfs service generates an error occasionally (between 1 and five times a day), logging a system log event:
Untitled.jpg
The knobster keeps working, but if the event happens during a flight in VR, it kills my VR session. From what I can tell, it disconnects (for a fraction of a second) all devices connected to the same USB controller. When I connected the knobster to a different port to keep the VR headset away, it then caused my TCA Quadrant to briefly disconnect, which turns the airplane's engines off mid flight! Juggling the USB devices around the ports, I eventually found a way to keep the knobster away from both the VR headset and the quadrant, but I figured I might as well report it here.
Using Windows 11, MSFS v.1.31.22.0, HP Reverb G2.

SimPassion

Re: KnobFS 1.1 Home Use (BETA 2) issues

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Perhaps not due to the Knobster itself, but rather something wrong on the computer USB path ... ???
Did you tried to connect on another USB port which is not wired to the same initial chain ?
Last edited by SimPassion on Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gravityevader

#3 Post by gravityevader »

I did. As I said, I tried all the USB ports in my system.
With the current USB device arrangement, I have no issues (knobster and VR headset+quadrant in different controllers), but the errors are still being logged.
It could be system related, of course. I have a Asus B550M-Plus mobo.

gravityevader

#4 Post by gravityevader »

I'm still getting this error after installing v1.1 final, back in the 19th. Since the update, this error has been logged 18 times in Event viewer:
Untitled.jpg
It's annoying because it briefly disconnects all the other USB devices connected to the same root hub, regardless of MSFS running or not. One of those times, I was halfway thought a large file copy to a USB drive which, obviously, was interrupted. And I already explained what happens if my flight quadrant is sharing the root hub with my knobster.

Can the devs comment on this?

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

The forums isn't really the place for this. Please use the support ticket system.