Instruments stopping then starting again

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Instruments stopping then starting again

#11 Post by Sling »

What happens with something else on that monitor while the sim is running in the exact same scenario that caused this. Are you saying it only does this with an AM panel but other things display fine.

EcstaticAviator

#12 Post by EcstaticAviator »

That’s correct, it is only when the AM panel is being displayed. I haven’t tried it not full screen to see if anything else is effected at the same time. I’ll try that too.

Ralph

#13 Post by Ralph »

As mentioned in my other post, the instruments do not really stop, the images just goes away and comes back. You'll notice when you start a panel, that you see the initialization images, you don't see this here in your video.
It is a bit hard to see, but I still see the panel (Korry switches and such), but just very dim. So my guess is that there's a panel dimming built in, and that's not behaving correct. We did not make these instruments, so I have no idea how this should work.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

To emphasize my argument, a still from the video with the brightness turned up.
a320still.png

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

Good spot Ralph. Yeah looks like they are just turning very dark. The simple way to test this is put different AM instruments on there and test again. If they don’t go dark as I suspect they won’t then it’s clear that the issue is with that particular panel or the instruments.

Keith Baxter

#16 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

When I first read this post I thought of the issue I had when I was paging through charts. That was back in 2018 or so. Corjan then created the remove function because there were too many images stored in memory. Sounds like that could be the cause.

And of cause print statements would do the same.

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.php?title=Remove

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

Nah this is just a instrument graphics thing. You can clearly still see the panel, but just darker.

EcstaticAviator

#18 Post by EcstaticAviator »

But all the instrument switches move when it goes dark. They go back to the default “off” position and then all move back to where they are meant to be again. So it is not just a brightness thing.

Keith Baxter

#19 Post by Keith Baxter »

EcstaticAviator wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:47 am But all the instrument switches move when it goes dark. They go back to the default “off” position and then all move back to where they are meant to be again. So it is not just a brightness thing.
Hi
Post the instrument here and I will take a quick look at the code.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

EcstaticAviator

#20 Post by EcstaticAviator »

https://github.com/Delta-Charlie-DEV/A3 ... S/OVERHEAD

The strange thing is no one else has mentioned this problem and there is definitely quite a few people using the instruments. So I assume it’s a problem with my system.