Button array cdu

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Button array cdu

#21 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:02 pm
Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:43 pm Hmmm...

I know the wiki says 8x8 but I did this some time ago for the Zibo as a test and it worked.

However you can have more than 1 button array per board as long as there are enough pins. I did one some time back in the beta but cannot find it. If i do find it I will post here to save you some time.

try this

test-Button Array - .siff

The siff might be on the forum. I think I sent it to Gilles @SimPassion back then.

Keith
OK found the siff

Boeing 737-800X Zibo Knee - CDU CPT.siff

Keith
Was just wondering why it's called Knee in the naming ... 🤔 Might be you've referenced a "Swiss Knife" like Keith, for just Hardware Handling ???
And yes I was downloading this one on September 2022, not sure I've already had a look into it though, will open it in any case

SimPassion

#22 Post by SimPassion »

After reading your own logic.lua, I've just noticed the current scheme used in the ZiboMod and your script is in sync with it. In any case, I've put reference and request here, for the LEDs naming and color scheme due to discrepancy according to the FCOM and what's the manufacturer bring for the GE 2584 :

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... reference/

Keith Baxter

#23 Post by Keith Baxter »

SimPassion wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:23 am Was just wondering why it's called Knee in the naming ... 🤔 Might be you've referenced a "Swiss Knife" like Keith, for just Hardware Handling ???
And yes I was downloading this one on September 2022, not sure I've already had a look into it though, will open it in any case
Gilles,

I named it knee for my cockpit convention.

MIP for basic mip instruments.
Glare shield for the glare shield instruments
Knee for the Knee instruments like the light controls, weather radar etc. Everything on that level. You might suggest a different/better name.
MTU for motorized throttle unit instruments.

Bla,Bla,Bla

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#24 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:09 am
SimPassion wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:23 am Was just wondering why it's called Knee in the naming ... 🤔 Might be you've referenced a "Swiss Knife" like Keith, for just Hardware Handling ???
Gilles,

I named it knee for my cockpit convention.

MIP for basic mip instruments.
Glare shield for the glare shield instruments
Knee for the Knee instruments like the light controls, weather radar etc. Everything on that level. You might suggest a different/better name.
MTU for motorized throttle unit instruments.

Bla,Bla,Bla

Keith
No worries, it's just the weird translation doesn't tell me so much on avionics parts as "Knee" is "Genou" in French which is the leg articulation ... 🤔

Keith Baxter

#25 Post by Keith Baxter »

No problems Gilles.

The terminology came mostly from Karl before he added new features. I suppose I should rename it "FMC Console" because I am using some of his wonderful stuff like the Peddles, MTU, Yoke assembly and some of his start switches.

https://www.737diysim.com/737-front-section-menu

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Mickolodias

#26 Post by Mickolodias »

Late to the party but there is SI's messagepoirt library:
It' s a lot more work on Arduino side but you could use MessagePort along with a series of shift registers. I haven't done it but it's definity possible.
I do use shift registers for my arduino custom joystick controls and works great.
Originally I had one set up with 128 buttons and only used 5 pins (6 would have been easier, but had some shift register boards from an old project that had the reset pin wired to ground).

Maybe not the best tutorial - but here's the idea https://www.woolseyworkshop.com/2021/02 ... -74hc165/
I'm one of 'those' mac guys. (and I have no idea why I can't afford to eat)

SimPassion

#27 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:34 am No problems Gilles.

The terminology came mostly from Karl before he added new features. I suppose I should rename it "FMC Console" because I am using some of his wonderful stuff like the Peddles, MTU, Yoke assembly and some of his start switches.

https://www.737diysim.com/737-front-section-menu

Keith
Thanks for clarifying Keith
Nice site, just found this related video :

It looks like MIP Knee Panel is somewhat related to a joke referring to something related to medical concern, so something not that much useful for anyone outside the English knowledge
Anyway I fully understand the concept

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

Well I understand at least they are called Knee Panel as they are located around the Pilots knee position ...

Keith Baxter

#29 Post by Keith Baxter »

So when you starting your 737? :D

Keith

SimPassion

#30 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:21 pm So when you starting your 737? :D

Keith
Hope I will start it some day, I have the idea to built it in the way it would be fully maintainable on "customer" side, without any specific part which would become obsolete or no more available at some point on hardware and software part.
For the moment I'm on a GA 1:1 project included in the real aircraft (the cockpit panel is currently at home using 2 Pokeys and 1 Arduino Uno) and which will be ended this month, so not much time to switch to full 737 for the moment, indeed the site and videos bring a lot of inspiration.
I know you've already made amazing and great work on this area on your own Keith, I'm also following Discord from time to time, though not really having that much time to browse in any single area in it

Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.