Premium Garmin G5 Bezel not transparent Xplane 11

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Moonpilot

Premium Garmin G5 Bezel not transparent Xplane 11

#1 Post by Moonpilot »

I have purchased other premium panels and the Garmin 5 panel appears to have a generic bezel with the Garmin 5 but is not transparent, unable to use with provided Garmin G5 instruments, No configuration to make the inside of the bezel transparent like the bezel for the G1000, and the Aspen. How can the PDF and HSI be installed over the bezel? My existing panels are designed to accommodate one monitor, and in order to use the new Garmin G5 panel and not the instruments individually I would have to design smaller panels, I didn't have this problem with the Aspen EAD 1000, and or the Genric Garmin 1000 bezel. Yes I had to make a panel designed with the cutouts.

I have been having issues with the attitude line being out of adjustment too with the Aspen EAD 1000 and also intermittent glide slope, comparing to VOR 2 I am right on the glide slope and from time to time the glide slope is not available. I just purchased the Garmin G5 in order to have a complete working panel hoping it would work better. The Glide slope also shows up on the Xplane 11 program too using their aircraft.

I have experimented both with Air Manager and Air Player, same results.

I am using the latest version of Air Manager, Air player, and Xplane 11. Too many bugs to start experimenting with Xplane 12

Ralph

Re: Premium Garmin G5 Bezel not transparent Xplane 11

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really sure what you mean with the EFD1000 question. But the G5 is not an overlay, so it does not require transparency. The G5 instrument goes on top of the G5 bezel.

Moonpilot

Re: Premium Garmin G5 Bezel not transparent Xplane 11

#3 Post by Moonpilot »

Ralph,

The trick of moving the bezel forward or backward, and clicking on the instrument with a right click of the mouse and choosing in front or back of image did the trick. So far so good, several times when it booted up I had to do the same. I cloned the panel from Air Manager to Air Player, if it continues to have problems I will re load into the Air Player panel.