Windows 10 - Touch function not working on 2nd touch screen

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Windows 10 - Touch function not working on 2nd touch screen

#21 Post by SimPassion »

Just an important precision, the monitors have to be connected on a self-powered external hub (with its own power supply) !

[EDIT] Precision added

SimPassion

#22 Post by SimPassion »

No progress @sderise ?

sderise

#23 Post by sderise »

Syslog.evtx.zip
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Please see attached log file. There are some USB errors there, but I was unable to trigger them on demand, so I don't know which particular action caused them.

So check this out. There are no ports #16 and up. I tried every port and even checked the motherboard. They aren't there. I tried a wide variety of plugging them into different and the same hubs; same behavior. I then decided to rebuild the machine. I ordered a new NVMe drive, installed it and installed Windows 10 from USB; old SSDs are still disconnected. Went through all the Windows updates, including optional ones. Unplugged everything except a powered USB hub for the touchscreens and Keyboard/Mouse/Monitor. Went through the touch setup and it's still the same behavior! I moved one of the screens back on a PC USB port. Same behavior. I am still seeing only 1 HID-compliant touch screen device in device manager.
Untitled.jpg

SimPassion

#24 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks, the only USB error are for a Bluetooth device, so not related
Port #16 and up were from your USBViewAll.txt export, it could be you don't have the related Hub connected at the moment :

Code: Select all

[Port16] 

Is Port User Connectable:		yes
Is Port Debug Capable:			yes
Companion Port Number:			5
Companion Hub Symbolic Link Name:	USB#ROOT_HUB30#4&2151be36&0&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
Protocols Supported:
 USB 1.1:				no
 USB 2.0:				no
 USB 3.0:				yes

ConnectionStatus:      NoDeviceConnected
[Port17] 

Is Port User Connectable:		yes
Is Port Debug Capable:			yes
Companion Port Number:			8
Companion Hub Symbolic Link Name:	USB#ROOT_HUB30#4&2151be36&0&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
Protocols Supported:
 USB 1.1:				no
 USB 2.0:				no
 USB 3.0:				yes

ConnectionStatus:      NoDeviceConnected
Well, could be interesting to get advice from the manufacturer, if more than one monitor could be wired and handle at the same time into Windows 10 ... 🤔
Could you please, at least make a new export with the current configuration, using USBView ?

SimPassion

#25 Post by SimPassion »

Hi @sderise
I've sent a question to Prechen for you and will mostly receive the answer in 48h

SimPassion

#26 Post by SimPassion »

Hi @sderise, the answer came today, sorry, it seems there's no way :

YOUR CONVERSATION WITH
Prechen
Feb 7, 2023 10:41 PM
Can you confirm if 2 units of this monitor can be connected at the same time on a Windows 10 PC and the Touch feature works simultaneously on both monitors?
https://www.amazon.fr/portable-Portable ... 0BPHF96DN/
Sincerely
Gilles
Feb 8, 2023 02:28

Hello
Thank you very much for your request
The touch functions are not available at the same time, you can only select one to perform the touch function first.

sderise

#27 Post by sderise »

Oh wow. That's a deal breaker for me and I'll be returning them. Thanks for all your help with this. Do you know of similar touch screens that don't have this limitation?

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

sderise wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:48 pm Oh wow. That's a deal breaker for me and I'll be returning them. Thanks for all your help with this. Do you know of similar touch screens that don't have this limitation?
In any case for future settings, this command can be used as a straight forward shortcut to designate the available monitors with Touch feature in it. It does nothing more than previously, though this is an ease of access to the setup and designation. I will update my initial post to add this command as well.

Code: Select all

multidigimon -touch
Well, I don't have any idea of similar touch monitor in this format, however I guess a search on YT would bring some working samples and references, which would be a good start point to investigate and confirm it would work ...

SimPassion

#29 Post by SimPassion »

sderise wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:48 pm Oh wow. That's a deal breaker for me and I'll be returning them. Thanks for all your help with this. Do you know of similar touch screens that don't have this limitation?
Here's a few sample monitors to get some ideas :

Sling

#30 Post by Sling »

That’s really bad. I’ll be warning people not to use that brand. I use dual 24” Dell touch screens so I don’t personally have the 15.6” size but plenty of users are using the Wimaxit brand in dual setups for that size. I recommend the larger size though if you can afford it and have space for them.