Windows 10 - Touch function not working on 2nd touch screen

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

sderise

Windows 10 - Touch function not working on 2nd touch screen

#1 Post by sderise »

Greetings all,

I've done a search on past threads and googled as well, but I haven't seen anything matching my issue.

I have a Windows 10 PC with a regular (non-touch) monitor and two of the following touchscreens set up in extended mode.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPHHNPLF?ps ... ct_details

Each touchscreen has an HDMI and USB connection(for touch and power). My problem is that I can only get one touch screen to have touch functionality at a time. For example, let's say I currently have touch function working on touch screen A; touch screen B has no touch function. If I then unplug the USB for touch screen A, it powers off and touch functionality starts working on touch screen B. I have tried multiple machine restarts and the following procedure to tell Windows which monitors are touch screens. During that process, Windows will not recognize the second touchscreen (does nothing when touched) at the following step:

https://support.ctouch.eu/hc/en-us/arti ... indows-10-

There is only one "HID compliant Touch screen" device shown in device manager. Not sure if there should be one for each touchscreen and if so, how to add another one? I've done the 'scan for new hardware' multiple times. Anyway, if anyone's fought this battle already or has some ideas I can try, would greatly appreciate it. My plan was to mount these in a cockpit dash with 1 or 2 homemade Knobsters for a G1000 set up.

SimPassion

Re: Windows 10 - Touch function not working on 2nd touch screen

#2 Post by SimPassion »

No need to scan or anything additional
The settings have to be perform successively, with a single tap on each Touch monitor after having opened an Administrator session, not the default one even if this User get administrator rights (very important)
For the info, the settings have to be operated in a protected hidden Administrator context, understand open an Administrator session and launch the Tablet PC settings in an elevated context and rights, which will trigger the UAC request we have to validate. This is what occurs transparently on Windows initial install, so we have to reproduce this situation otherwise it wouldn't work as expected.

Another way would be to run the Command prompt in Administrator context, from the user session :

In the Windows Start Menu, Right click on the "Command prompt" shortcut from the Window System folder, then select "More" and "Run as administrator"
In the Command prompt window, paste the command below and type enter, which will display the Tablet PC Settings

Code: Select all

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E}
Other solution, paste the command below in the Command prompt and type enter :

%windir%\System32\control.exe /name Microsoft.TabletPCSettings
Again another one :

multidigimon -touch
Note : the three commands above could be used in shortcuts

Click on Setup button, validate the UAC request and confirm which are the screen display with Touch capability, by performing a one digit touch and simply type Enter key for those without Touch capability
Then select each Touch able Monitor in the "Display" dropdown list, then click on "Calibrate..." button, the whole process should be repeated for each of the available monitors with Touch capability. The calibration process is a bit long, though should be performed with accuracy and concentration, this for each single Touch monitor

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Last edited by SimPassion on Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

image.png

sderise

#4 Post by sderise »

Thanks for the info. I tried running the setup as admin, but had the same results. When I click Setup, I get the white screens, which have the message that rotates through each screen by hitting the enter key. However, as soon as I touch one of the two touchscreens, doesn't matter which one, the setup exits and that touchscreen now has touch functionality. If I go back into setup again and cycle through the screens, and touch the other touchscreen, nothing happens; I then exit setup by hitting ESC. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I only have one touch screen device listed in Device Mgr. I also just tried uninstalling this device from Device Mgr then rebooting; the single device shows back up in Device Mgr, but still have the same results.
unnamed.png

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

sderise wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:40 pm Thanks for the info. I tried running the setup as admin, but had the same results. When I click Setup, I get the white screens, which have the message that rotates through each screen by hitting the enter key. However, as soon as I touch one of the two touchscreens, doesn't matter which one, the setup exits. If I go back into setup again and cycle through the screens, and touch the other touchscreen, nothing happens; I then exit setup by hitting ESC. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I only have one touch screen device listed in Device Mgr. I also just tried uninstalling this device from Device Mgr then rebooting; the single device shows back up in Device Mgr, but still have the same results.

unnamed.png
Try to delete the related entry in DevMgr, then disconnect both Touch monitor and reconnect only the second on the same port, eventually check in DevMgr if it show up !?

SimPassion

#6 Post by SimPassion »

We will then see afterwards

sderise

#7 Post by sderise »

I've tried that. Seems that whichever screen is plugged in first binds to that one device in devmgr. If I right-click->disable that device, whichever screen was plugged in first then loses touch functionality. If I instead unplug the screen that has touch functionality, the other screen gains touch functionality.

SimPassion

#8 Post by SimPassion »

sderise wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:00 am I've tried that. Seems that whichever screen is plugged in first binds to that one device in devmgr. If I right-click->disable that device, whichever screen was plugged in first then loses touch functionality. If I instead unplug the screen that has touch functionality, the other screen gains touch functionality.
So, could you please connect the second screen to a third USB port where you've not already connected both screen ?

sderise

#9 Post by sderise »

SimPassion wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:26 am So, could you please connect the second screen to a third USB port where you've not already connected both screen ?
I've plugged the screen that currently doesn't have touch functionality into a new port, but there was no change in behavior.

SimPassion

#10 Post by SimPassion »

sderise wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:09 am
SimPassion wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:26 am So, could you please connect the second screen to a third USB port where you've not already connected both screen ?
I've plugged the screen that currently doesn't have touch functionality into a new port, but there was no change in behavior.
Sorry, I was in testing phase
So, it was only to be sure the driver was binding to this additional port
Next step, is to connect the first monitor on its original port, then connect the second monitor on the third port, eventually redo the check
After this, if you could report again