Please Explain Some Syntax

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

Please Explain Some Syntax

#1 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello:

I am hoping someone can explain the syntax I find throughout the lists of SimVars and events. In particular, but only as an example:

Code: Select all

AP_ALT_VAR_DEC
    [0]: New reference altitude
    [1]: Index
What is confusing me is this: the event decrements the reference altitude - so, what is the reference altitude - is it the altitude Hold altitude? if so, I presume it decrements the hold altitude but by how much? Secondly, how do the [0] and [1] come into play? And finally, a couple of examples (they don't have to ones you've used), just enought so I can figure out how to use it.

As always, I appreciate all the information everyone is kind enough to share with me!

Sparky

Tetrachromat

Re: Please Explain Some Syntax

#2 Post by Tetrachromat »

The Artful Dodger

Re: Please Explain Some Syntax

#3 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello:
Thanks for the advice but you missed what my question was about. So, while you described
'fs2020_event(', what I needed an explanation of was how to write the 'event)'. So, only as an example, we have AP_ALT_VAR_DEC but what do I do with either or both of the [0] and/or [1], what does each mean, and when do we use each and why. For example, the AP_ALT_VAR_DEC implies we should decrement an altitude. But by how much? When you think of things like flight level 390, surely it can't be 1 foot per click. Yet, when in a Cessna 152, it wouldn't be practical to go up by 1flight level (1000 feet) per click.
That's the question I would like an answer for but, so far, I've not found it.

Sparky