What the Heck?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: What the Heck?

#21 Post by SimPassion »

The Artful Dodger wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:21 pm Keith, I appreciate your help but if I have these Lua statements:

Code: Select all

_move_to(10, 10)
_line_to(20, 10)
_stroke(color, 1)
I expect to get a horizontal line, in the color selected, that is exactly 1 pixel wide; otherwise there is something wrong! I got a horizontal line but it was 2 pixels wide, and a washed-out color. I see no other explanation. And, you can't draw anything if the instructions do something other than what they are supposed to do. At least I can't!
That's what I've relied on ever since you urged me to use the canvas, a decision I have been very happy with.
Again it's only a one pixel line which appears washed out on white background, just a standard monitor behavior, nothing wrong at all, if you don't believe it, use a magnifying glass to watch near the monitor. Further I get the same issue, so this is not on your own. Change for a black background and things will mostly change a bit.

The Artful Dodger

#22 Post by The Artful Dodger »

I appreciate your comment but it just ain't so. My graphics program routinely multiplies my drawings, whether they be prior to programming or after AM creates them, by up to 1600 times - each pixel can be over a quarter inch on my screen if I need it! That's how I program.
I first draw everything out to the pixel. Then, I simply figure out the best way to program it! For example, if I need an awkward shape, I'll draw it pixel by pixel or line by line.

Sparky

SimPassion

#23 Post by SimPassion »

The Artful Dodger wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:38 am I appreciate your comment but it just ain't so. My graphics program routinely multiplies my drawings, whether they be prior to programming or after AM creates them, by up to 1600 times - each pixel can be over a quarter inch on my screen if I need it! That's how I program.
I first draw everything out to the pixel. Then, I simply figure out the best way to program it! For example, if I need an awkward shape, I'll draw it pixel by pixel or line by line.

Sparky
Did you change anything at the moment it occurred, like scaling a panel with instruments in it, or any specific instrument ?

The Artful Dodger

#24 Post by The Artful Dodger »

I discovered it while working with my MCP - quite complex. So, to preclude anything else affecting it, as I indicated when I first posed the question, I created a completely new instrument. So, the code I included is all there is.
I will add that to start, my example was only 25 pixels wide, the size I was working with. But, when I attached the image, no one could see it so I made it larger. But the first code was my first brand new instrument.

Sling

#25 Post by Sling »

I can see those little images, not sure why you can’t.

sredi

#26 Post by sredi »

Try turning off Anti-aliasing in the settings menu. You will also see this same effect in Skinman if you use Anti-aliasing.