Fontsize very small

Support for KnobFS, share your experience and KnobFS modes.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

stefanbode

Fontsize very small

#1 Post by stefanbode »

2023-01-05 (1).jpg
the size of the font is very small. all other extensions are much larger. resize does not help. in the youtube video in vr everything looks fine. any idea how to change. at my installation 2D and VR is very small

stefanbode

Re: Fontsize very small

#2 Post by stefanbode »

I removed all Community folders and checked again without a change. compared to other menus the KnobFS is very tiny in size

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

It probably has to do with the resolution or DPI of your screen. We might add a option to increase the font size. It is basically a HTML page, so you can probably modify that and make it bigger. I'll have a look tomorrow.

GregWoodsLancs

#4 Post by GregWoodsLancs »

Rather than a seprate setting, maybe the font should scale with the width of the window.
I think it would feel quite intuitive, as extending the width is currently pointless once the full text is shown... you just end up with huge long buttons with a tiny strip of text in the middle.
Making the windows taller would add more items, as it does now.

stefanbode

#5 Post by stefanbode »

I now moved to a complete new PC and clean installation. Samer problem with 4k monitor. I use this in VR and the text is still super tiny. And no matter what I scale left and right from the text there is a lot of gray (free space). Any idea what I can change? Windows is on 200% scale because the monitor is the TV. I will try if this makes a difference. Anyhow I can confirm that it does NOT look like this image: https://siminnovations.com/wiki/images/ ... select.jpg

This is how I would like it

mastb

#6 Post by mastb »

Hi,

I have the same problem in VR with KnobFS, the text is too tiny to read, rendering it useless. I'm running the latest beta version of MSFS (SU12 Beta).

Also, I have downloaded your latest beta version of KnobFS 1.1, and the font size problem is still there. What is the beta version supposed to fix?

Thanks,
Bill

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Nothing changed there, that's still a todo.

mader.jim@gmail.com

#8 Post by mader.jim@gmail.com »

I have the same problem. The software is absolutely useless in VR. Is there a solution being pursued?

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Yes in the upcoming version.

mastb

#10 Post by mastb »

Ralph,

Would you guys ever consider adding Voice Recognition as an input choice to KnobFS? Instead of pushing and holding the button, the user simply says a short phrase to make the control active.

Bill