Problem with AM4 and Logitech Panels (gadget lagging and crashing)

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

GiorgioB

Problem with AM4 and Logitech Panels (gadget lagging and crashing)

#1 Post by GiorgioB »

Hello everyone, happy new year!

I made a post before about how my tests with AM4 ended up giving me some random button clicks on my yoke. Whenever I use AM4 my yoke behaves as if I were making some clicks randomly.
I was trying to solve that (and still am if possible) but I realized that if I have the full version it is not such a problem as I can create a touch panel to avoid using buttons on yoke (I only use those buttons for camera control, as the panel has everything else).

Well, I am a cockpit builder (a whole room dedicated to it) and AM4 would be of really great improvement on my rig.

Well, the problem appeared to be more severe yesterday when I tried to use AM4 together with my Logitech Panels (AP panel, switch panel and radio panel). Yes, I have turned off "energy save" or whatever the name is for USB device.
It turns out after a few minutes (around 10 or 15 min. with sim working with AM4 open) I start getting slow response time from the gadgets and after a while they complete stop working. I then restarted everything (besides the simulator) and by insisting I got a simulator crash (which never happens). After that I had to reinstall AM Plugin because AM4 itself would not find the simulator anymore, even after restarting computer. I have tried with AM 4.0.1 and 4.2 BETA 7, with every plugin since 3.9 up to 4.1 (BETA 2)

I had this feeling (purely intuitive) that Sim Connect is not capable to handle too many requests at once but it only happens when I use AM4. I have 3 arduinos and 1 raspberry, besides 3 Logitech Panels and they all work nice together. As soon as I added AM4 Demo to the equation for tests I started getting this weird "laggish" behavior. I didn't try it out with the whole simulator yet, just using pedals, yoke and logitech panels.

Any lights?? I don't want to generate unnecessary trouble for the support team but I would really love to integrate AM4 on my rig and maybe I did something wrong? Maybe someone knows how to fix these issues?
Thank you very much in advance and I really hope someone can help me out so I can create my full size multi aircraft home cockpit. Cheers!

Sling

Re: Problem with AM4 and Logitech Panels (gadget lagging and crashing)

#2 Post by Sling »

Try the same test with anti virus and any firewalls disabled including the windows built-in one.

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

I first want to see if I can replicate the joystick issue.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Sling wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:59 pm Try the same test with anti virus and any firewalls disabled including the windows built-in one.
ABSOLUTELY nothing TO do with the 'built in' windows firewall ! :?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

GiorgioB

#5 Post by GiorgioB »

Hi guys. Thanks for the answers! I had already opened the doors on the firewall for all the .exe, for both AM4 and plugin.
I'll try with firewall off just to be sure. It seems to me that AM4 is somehow exchanging too much information back and forth causing some kind of instability on sim connect (just my theory, but I am no geek unfortunately).

Ralph, about the joystick issue, I am totally willing to help you guys on this one. I have opened the ticket as you oriented me. If you want any video, or remote assistance, or any action that might help you guys out I am totally for it and available. It will be my pleasure to help anyway I can!

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Please see my reply to your ticket.

GiorgioB

#7 Post by GiorgioB »

Thank you Ralph, I answered the ticket question.

I have tested with all the windows security off, no difference. After 10 minutes of flying my logitech panels stopped working.

I was monitoring variables via Spad.Next and when it failed, sim connecting was doing more then 400 information changes per second!! On the picture attached it was still doing like 200 but logitech panels had failed already.
image.png
Normally without air manager on it will keep itself under 100. After closing Air Manager it went back to normal.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Might be some instrument you're running that is doing things that aren't correct.
Thank you for pointing me to DIView. I'm running Air Manager now with my Logitech Extreme 3D joystick, but I don't see anything happening so far. It has been running for 20 minutes now I think.
Is there anything special that I need to do? Run the flight simulator? Some specific instrument(s)?

GiorgioB

#9 Post by GiorgioB »

Ralph wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:37 pm Might be some instrument you're running that is doing things that aren't correct.
Thank you for pointing me to DIView. I'm running Air Manager now with my Logitech Extreme 3D joystick, but I don't see anything happening so far. It has been running for 20 minutes now I think.
Is there anything special that I need to do? Run the flight simulator? Some specific instrument(s)?
Hey Ralph, thank you for testing it out!
For the CH Eclipse Yoke issue, I just need to open AM4 (even without installing plugin). I installed the demo on a brand new windows 10 laptop (no softwares installed at all, not even MSFS). I just need to open AM4 and the inputs start to happen. Pretty weird.

About the Logitech PANELS lagging and failing, that is my main goal to fix. As I said, if I could use my logitech panels with AM4 I could survive without using the Yoke's buttons .
Do you think it could be a specific instrument causing that? I am only using the basic 6 standard instruments from standard panel, but I have created another panels to see how panel creation works.

After your message I looked at the air manager log and about the same time it failed, I got this errors:

Code: Select all

2023-01-06 15:44:32 ERROR InstrumentScanner - Cessna Citation CJ4 (Working Title Mod) - Upper DCP Menu: Error loading instrument script: [string "logic.lua"]:172: attempt to call a nil value (global 'dial_set_acceleration')
2023-01-06 15:44:36 INFO  SiRunner - Cessna 172 - OAT and Time: logic.lua:147: Failed to bind hardware id's to connected hardware
2023-01-06 15:44:36 ERROR SiRunner - Cessna 172 - Tachometer RPM: error in dataref callback: var_functions.lua:42: attempt to compare nil with number

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

Probably something in those CJ4 instruments then. Those aren't ours, so you would have to ask the developer.
My Logitech joystick has been together with Air Manager for over an hour, but nothing happened. Have you ever tried a different USB port?