MSFS - FENIX A320

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: MSFS - FENIX A320

#21 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:37 pm I'm confused, is that just me? In 6.3 they're talking about 'Consumer Gaming Market', and in 6.4 they say it must not be used in home cockpits :?
Yes right, this is also what Keith has enlighten. It looks like things are not clear in their mind while building licensing terms.
Anyway I'm not in sync with what they're afraid of ... just wondering :?: Weird business in any case ...

Ralph

#22 Post by Ralph »

6.4. The Software must not be used on home cockpits.
6.5. You shall only use the Software for non-commercial purposes (meaning private home
entertainment use).

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

I've sent them an email. But everything points to this being a mistake in their terms of service.

SimPassion

#24 Post by SimPassion »

This could help them refining their terms ...

rob12345

#25 Post by rob12345 »

The problem is Prosim, they use the software from Prosim.

So if you could build a Prosim cockpit with Fenix why still buy a expensive Prosim suite?

jph

#26 Post by jph »

rob12345 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:38 am The problem is Prosim, they use the software from Prosim.

So if you could build a Prosim cockpit with Fenix why still buy a expensive Prosim suite?
I don't see any real contradiction in their terms and conditions (confusion for others absolutely because they are thinking at another level)
What they are basically saying is that of course you can hook up rudders and basic flight controllers and operating levers / buttons - yet the 'displays' or output will come from the software ;) and not be reproduced in another way. - as in, not in a home cockpit !.
I think their indications are clear, I think it is always possible to have someone say' what is a home cockpit versus what is a full home simulator.

If that is confusing :lol: - then think how people on AM who spend months producing high quality gauges and panels and want to protect their own rights and originality feel in wording their wishes yet their software still gets ripped off and changed.

It will be interesting as to what they say to @Ralph email request for clarification.
I look forward to their reply.
It should be aimed at both prosim AND Fenix as they have the agreement.
Again, I look forward to their response which I hope, if possible, is published. I also hope that people in general perhaps consider more the requirements - not requests - of the original software authors in all things AM - even though, pandora's box can be opened by trying to say 'who' was the 'original' author and also what rights - if at all possibly ? - do they have when the work is changed ? - perhaps none at all as it become a new work ?.
Where do you draw the line. ?
Seemingly light hearted, but absolutely serious. The thoughts on here seem to change like the season sometimes. :? :shock:

Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#27 Post by Ralph »

The reply was short:
The T&Cs are indeed correct. The Fenix A320 is not for home cockpit use.
Then the ticket was immediately closed, so I didn't get the chance to ask if these instruments are allowed. I'll send another email.

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

rob12345 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:38 am The problem is Prosim, they use the software from Prosim.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this fact, in any case did you mentioned they already contracted with Prosim for a dedicated cockpit hardware usage ?
If so, this bring a bit of clarification, not to say they still have to enhance their terms for license and usage in MSFS, though ...

SimPassion

#29 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:53 am The reply was short:
Then the ticket was immediately closed, so I didn't get the chance to ask if these instruments are allowed. I'll send another email.
Good point and they didn't even notice the clarification needs apparently ...!?

jph

#30 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:53 am The reply was short:
I think they clarified the situation as to AM or other 'instruments' or ' panels ' We can play semantics.
I think it is perfectly clear.
I also don't think AM should be hosting or promoting these things. Other Discards or whatever they are called can do what they want but not a respected site like this.
This is a one off, so I think we should respect their wishes. In the same way that we should respect the wishes of code for AM etc. I see no difference.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.