MSFS - FENIX A320

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: MSFS - FENIX A320

#11 Post by Sling »

The solution is simple. Vote with your wallet and don’t buy Fenix or that other lot PMDG if you want a home cockpit experience. They make very detailed products but they go out of their way to make it super difficult for cockpit builders. If you just want to slap on a VR headset and use your mouse all flight then they are fine for that. Better to support the cockpit friendly Fly by wire group and other devs who provide support.

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

Sling wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:32 pm The solution is simple. Vote with your wallet and don’t buy Fenix or that other lot PMDG if you want a home cockpit experience. They make very detailed products but they go out of their way to make it super difficult for cockpit builders. If you just want to slap on a VR headset and use your mouse all flight then they are fine for that. Better to support the cockpit friendly Fly by wire group and other devs who provide support.
Fully agree with this, though this is the designer choice to not open to hardware cockpit builders, I find it very weird, again choice that bring restrictions area, so, still very, very weird ...
Future will show such behavior will disappear by itself to the benefit of open world flight simulators designers with same or higher build and coding skill ... well, right to dream not ??? :roll: Anyway, FBW team, WorkingTitle, aso ... and other already proven they already get the skill and helped the simulator going ahead

DeltaCharlie

#13 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Deleted
Last edited by DeltaCharlie on Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeltaCharlie

#14 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Deleted
Last edited by DeltaCharlie on Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeltaCharlie

#15 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Deleted
Last edited by DeltaCharlie on Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeltaCharlie

#16 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Deleted

jph

#17 Post by jph »

Sling wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:32 pm The solution is simple. Vote with your wallet and don’t buy Fenix or that other lot PMDG if you want a home cockpit experience. They make very detailed products but they go out of their way to make it super difficult for cockpit builders. If you just want to slap on a VR headset and use your mouse all flight then they are fine for that. Better to support the cockpit friendly Fly by wire group and other devs who provide support.
Or, simply don't promote products that specifically contravene the licensing agreements !! / or do you not really care about that ? :?
It is up to the producer to offer the terms of the agreement. It is up to the user(s) who bypass the agreement / rules and and also (in=mho) the hosting site as to if they respect that.
You may not like or agree with their reasons but you have to respect them. That is in the terms and conditions of Fenix for example. PMDG do not seem to have those restrictions (That I can see). If your personal software had restrictions written into it then I would expect that YOU (or anyone else! ?) would expect people to honour that ?
Here we seem to have a fringe discord site breaking the rules of the user licensing agreements and not only circumventing them by reverse engineering and ignoring their
wishes but also to actively promote their wrong doings on another site (these forums!) This is simply not fair or appropriate. To generate software that bypasses user agreements and 'contracts' is one thing. To then promote that on another site that produces some of the tools that you misused to do so ?. I think it's a bit naughty to say the least.

What happened to all the 'ask the original writer before modifying code ? and don't do it otherwise ? - that some seem to have prompted and most have supported on these very forums ?.It could even be a point of discussion that some of the protagonists are amongst the most vocal. How VERY unsurprising !.

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#18 Post by Keith Baxter »

Really.
ice_screenshot_20230102-155603.png
The Software must not be used on home cockpits
Any Home computer is a "HOME COCKPIT"

Just confused as to the relevance of this clause. Seems Amateurish.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

I'm confused, is that just me? In 6.3 they're talking about 'Consumer Gaming Market', and in 6.4 they say it must not be used in home cockpits :?

Keith Baxter

#20 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:37 pm I'm confused, is that just me? In 6.3 they're talking about 'Consumer Gaming Market', and in 6.4 they say it must not be used in home cockpits :?
EXACTLY

Very amateurish, and someone that THINKS all IP and usage is covered. BIGGGG loop holes.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card