MSFS - FENIX A320

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

DeltaCharlie

MSFS - FENIX A320

#1 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Deleted - until it's clearly allowed (or forbidden) to post AM Instruments for FENIX.
Last edited by DeltaCharlie on Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeltaCharlie

Re: MSFS - FENIX A320

#2 Post by DeltaCharlie »

20221229_180731.jpg

DeltaCharlie

#3 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Deleted
Last edited by DeltaCharlie on Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DeltaCharlie

#4 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Deleted
Last edited by DeltaCharlie on Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

I wonder when the paid version of FSUIPC will become a requirement for AM ? ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

DeltaCharlie

#6 Post by DeltaCharlie »

jph wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:54 am I wonder when the paid version of FSUIPC will become a requirement for AM ? ;)
In this case, the fsuipc paid version is required to run the lua script required to inject data as lvars, so that they are readable for air manager

jph

#7 Post by jph »

DeltaCharlie wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:56 am
jph wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:54 am I wonder when the paid version of FSUIPC will become a requirement for AM ? ;)
In this case, the fsuipc paid version is required to run the lua script required to inject data as lvars, so that they are readable for air manager
I fully understand that DC,
I am seeing a 'trend' with the msfs abortion that there needs to be a saviour. :?
In the past it was Pete Dowson. Without Pete their would probably be no FSX longevity and probably not P3D or indeed AM (controversial - but hey ?)
It looks like due to the fact that MSFS is another total cluster fek that Pete and son are coming to the rescue again. THEY are the experts.

There NEEDS to be a standard. People trust and rely on FSUIPC.
Here we go again.
I think - perhaps - AM will need to talk with Pete and Son for their future. :?:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

DeltaCharlie

#8 Post by DeltaCharlie »

In this specific case, it's more a Fenixsim/Prosim than MSFS requirement !

Crunchmeister

#9 Post by Crunchmeister »

jph wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:16 am It looks like due to the fact that MSFS is another total cluster fek that Pete and son are coming to the rescue again. THEY are the experts.
I won't argue that there are levels of stupid in MSFS that are beyond comprehension. But this is quite literally an issue with the plane. Fenix have it right in their license agreement that their "software" is not to be used in any way with a home cockpit setup. It's meant to be used with mouse and keyboard only. And in their code, they make sure that everything is as convoluted and inaccessible as possible. It's nearly miraculous that folks have managed to get things even somewhat working for it. We at Simstrumentation built an MCDU overlay, took a look at the rest of the stuff and went "screw this". None of the guys who did the FlyByWire A320 even wanted to touch the Fenix.

@DeltaCharlie took up the challenge. And he did a wonderful job. I don't fly airliners, but I appreciate what he's done for the community with this work. I hate the fact it needs this hack workaround to get something this simple to work, but it is what it is. And the blame for this is pinned squarely on Fenix, not on Microsobo. There's plenty we can blame Microsobo for, but this isn't one of those things.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

jph

#10 Post by jph »

Hello Crunch man and DC :D
Thanks for the feedback.

I think we ALL know that without the likes of the Dowsons and Pete Small etc that there would be no FSUIPC. (read FSIPC and for later use FSUIPC - the impact is the same on development and progress)
Without FSUIPC there would be no FSX (almost certainly) and certainly no P3D etc. (and probably (almost 100%! no AM!)
NO version of MSFS from around 1994 would have survived without PD's input. (along with countless others like Steve etc).
But, PD MADE the 'key' to bring it all together - FSUIPC.
Everything, and I mean everything, that broke barriers in any of these sims / games used their code.

It is the same now - well, ok, no, but it is going down that path where we need a catalyst to pull the disparate issues together.
It seems like PD and son have continued their great work and pulled MSOBOBO out of the mire - again.

As for 'fenix' - and their user agreement ? /// well Mr Crunch and DC. It is your ass on the line boys. :lol: it all depends on how much money you have to fight a court case should it be brought. You are openly saying you are happy bypassing their desires ?
Good for you I say. I hope you have deep pockets as if they decide to pursue it you will lose. However, if they are not too bothered then the door is open. Do you feel 'lucky' punk ? lol

Bad for you says my legal people IF they wanted to press charges.
You have to consider that any obfuscation is deliberate and attempt or successful bypass are / is proof of intent to bypass the agreement.
I don't thing AM would be interested in testing your example in court ? but hey ? I could be wrong. It has been known :mrgreen:

You are not dealing directly with fenix you are probably ultimately dealing with PROSIM. A similar - (but obscure issue) with Detlef and PMDG who have a similar agreement and hence the obfuscation)

Yet, Pete and son can work around that ? - are they breaking agreements ? - no... they are not. However, if their work is used to circumvent agreements then it is the intermediary.

Just thinking out loud of course. :lol:

SOMEONE or SOME COMPANY needs to pull all this cr£p together. In the past., it is the Dowsons. They have pulled off a curved ball now and will continue. THAT is how MSFS progresses.
;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.