Create edit search improvement.

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Create edit search improvement.

#1 Post by Sling »

Further to the recent forum discussion on the benefits or not of improving the home and create edit tab’s organisation features it was suggested that use of the search in the create/edit tab was a good means to finding what you wanted to see. I do use search for this very purpose but it does not work reliably. Try creating an instrument with Avionics in the title and then search on Avionics. Mine is not found. Search results for other terms can also not show what you expect. Numbers for instance are another one that are regularly not filtered as expected.

If we have to rely on the search to filter what we want, can it be improved?

Tetrachromat

Re: Create edit search improvement.

#2 Post by Tetrachromat »

To me it looks like the search is performed on the content of the 'info.xml' file, specifically the fields 'aircraft', 'type, 'author' but also 'uuid'. The latter causes the issue with numbers.

Crunchmeister

#3 Post by Crunchmeister »

Sling wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:21 pm I do use search for this very purpose but it does not work reliably.
I've multiple instances where search has not work for me. Typically it's these 2 situations:

1. Importing a new instrument - I won't be able to search for it from either Home or Create / Edit until I restart AM.[/list]
2. Creating a new blank instrument - Same deal. Won't show up in any search until I restart AM.[/list]

It's oddly not 100% repeatable for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Search works 100% of the time after restarting AM though.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Eventually found the first request I've made on April 23rd 2020

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3057