XP11 and XP12 dataref Search

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

XP11 and XP12 dataref Search

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I mentioned this in another post and it was ignored. Rightfully because it was a bit OT but had relevance.

The current X-Plane- Dataref Search is specifically for XP12. The XP11 one is no longer.
https://www.siminnovations.com/xplane/d ... mit=Search

There are many changes to this dataref collection compared to the previous XP11 one.. Many have changed Writable status from "Y" to "N" and others have increased the number of array indexes. Some have also changed name and others do not exist in XP11.

I understand that DRT should be used when doing DEV but the Search tools should also cater for both XP11 and XP12

What I ask is for both XP11 and XP12 versions. The same would apply to the command search.
I also ask that instruments in the store be tagged to be compatible with the relevant version. XP11 or XP12

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Zeus

Re: XP11 and XP12 dataref Search

#2 Post by Zeus »

Why wouldn't you use the official source: https://developer.x-plane.com/datarefs/ ?

It's also the latest list, but it at least marks the version where the particular dataref appeared. When indexing changes, they also note it (at least I've seen it in some places).

Otherwise, there is always the ultimate source: the plain-text list of all datarefs in your X-Plane installation at <X-Plane path>\Resources\plugins\DataRefs.txt (and a similar file for Commands).

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

Hi @Zeus

I think Keith is completely aware of the other tools, here I'm guessing he only wanted to mention the online tool and its evolution, which many use and often cited and advised as a reference in SI forums, nothing more ... ;-)

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Ah nice, seems like Laminar added a proper dataref page.
Unfortunately not one for commands though.

Have replaced the link in AM, will be in next BETA,

Corjan