Feature: Panel Folders

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

FLRob27

Feature: Panel Folders

#1 Post by FLRob27 »

@Corjan
Is there anyway we can add the feature of creating folders for panels, allowing the nest of an assortment of panels inside each folder? The main purpose of this is to have a cleaner UI.
I know that you can have a panel stretched across multiple monitors, but it wouldn't surprise me that most people have a panel full of instruments for each monitor. Thus, I would expect everyone else's AirManager to be as full (if not more full) than mine.

The flow chart would look something like this:
Folder --> Panel(s) --> Instrument(s)

It would be awesome if we could have folders, with the ability to custom name the folders (in which case most people will probably name the folder for the plane name). And of course the ability to click the show or hide ribbon buttons on the folder will show/hide all the panels within that folder would be a very nice addition.
I wouldn't call it high on the priority list, but as we get more and more planes and thus panels, it's becoming clustered. :D

Cheers
Developer
SIMSTRUMENTATION
EXTERMINATE THE MICE FROM YOUR COCKPIT!
https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager

Crunchmeister

Re: Feature: Panel Folders

#2 Post by Crunchmeister »

I'm all in for this as well. While the current structure works, once you start having a lot of planes, it's an awfully long list to scroll. Per-plane folders would go a long way to help this organization.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Yep a good one for the future to-do list. But before this a way of grouping instruments in the create/edit tab. I’m sure I’m not the only one whose create/edit list of instruments is absolutely massive. Perhaps just a way of hiding those that are tagged in a certain way.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Agreed Rob.
Probably the first step to an organised structure. :)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

+1
Such feature has already been requested years ago and I will be very glad to see it coming in Air Manager

FLRob27

#6 Post by FLRob27 »

Sling wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:51 am Yep a good one for the future to-do list. But before this a way of grouping instruments in the create/edit tab. I’m sure I’m not the only one whose create/edit list of instruments is absolutely massive. Perhaps just a way of hiding those that are tagged in a certain way.
Sling I use the text search filter for create/edit. Thank god we at least have that or I'd go crazy!
I always use it when working on instruments to only see the plane I'm working on.
Developer
SIMSTRUMENTATION
EXTERMINATE THE MICE FROM YOUR COCKPIT!
https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air-Manager

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

FLRob27 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:39 am
Sling wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:51 am Yep a good one for the future to-do list. But before this a way of grouping instruments in the create/edit tab. I’m sure I’m not the only one whose create/edit list of instruments is absolutely massive. Perhaps just a way of hiding those that are tagged in a certain way.
Sling I use the text search filter for create/edit. Thank god we at least have that or I'd go crazy!
I always use it when working on instruments to only see the plane I'm working on.
Yes me too but it’s not always easy to show all what you want if they don’t have some matching search term. If we had a couple of extra tags that could be selected and a hide/show setting for each that would fix those cases and give the flexibility to have the list permanently filtered. I mean really once an instrument is done I really don’t need to see it again in create/edit unless I want to edit it at a later date. It’s almost like one of the tags could be a ‘completed’ tag. If you choose to edit it later just show all the completed ones find it and remove the complete tag or do the edit right there. The goal is ultimately more organised and manageable lists.

SimPassion

#8 Post by SimPassion »

Sling wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:49 am .../...The goal is ultimately more organised and manageable lists.
+1

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

This will all be for 4.3 to consider, the 4.2 release is already a big change. Bring it up when we start working on 4.3 ;)

Keith Baxter

#10 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:47 pm This will all be for 4.3 to consider, the 4.2 release is already a big change. Bring it up when we start working on 4.3 ;)
Ralph,

If I rem correct we have been asking for this since AM3.x

Is it not on the todo list?

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card