Cessna CJ4 Heading Bug Not Working

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Cessna CJ4 Heading Bug Not Working

#21 Post by Ralph »

For the heading dial. You can probably find it if you turn on the SDK menu.

GiorgioB

#22 Post by GiorgioB »

I had the same issue... You have to click on NAV to totally disconnect the LNAV mode. After that you can use the heading bug again. It is kinda stuck to the AP as you said.

GiorgioB

#23 Post by GiorgioB »

Just tried it again. You have to click on NAV (supposing you have LNAV on) then HDG, then you can use it normally.

Dave_K

#24 Post by Dave_K »

But then you can't preset the heading and the plane will do a merry dance while you are twiddling the knob - it used to work perfectly until very recently - you could dial in a heading then switch to heading mode from LNAV1

Plus the keyboard heading bindings should not affect the LNAV course should they, or there would be no point in having a course programmed :)

The more i see this, the more it looks like a working title mod bug, i'll have a look at reporting it there.
i9 12900K, RTX 3080ti, triple 32" 1440p screens plus double 1080p touch screens

Crunchmeister

#25 Post by Crunchmeister »

Dave_K wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:02 am The more i see this, the more it looks like a working title mod bug, i'll have a look at reporting it there.
The new AAU I CJ4 refresh is about 2 weeks away from launch. It will become the new baseline CJ4 in the sim and the WT mod will be completely pulled and deprecated as a result. You can report, but it does little since this is an EOL product with less than 2 weeks remaining in its lifespan.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Dave_K

#26 Post by Dave_K »

Fair point, i'll leave it for now. :D
i9 12900K, RTX 3080ti, triple 32" 1440p screens plus double 1080p touch screens

kevshed

#27 Post by kevshed »

Crunchmeister wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:47 pm
Dave_K wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:02 am The more i see this, the more it looks like a working title mod bug, i'll have a look at reporting it there.
The new AAU I CJ4 refresh is about 2 weeks away from launch. It will become the new baseline CJ4 in the sim and the WT mod will be completely pulled and deprecated as a result. You can report, but it does little since this is an EOL product with less than 2 weeks remaining in its lifespan.
I'm on the AAU Beta and am using the existing WT CJ4 community panels i found on here - does anyone know if the authors are likely to revisit this project to make them compatible with the new stock plane? If not, im happy to take a look at it and see if i can work out how to make the necessary changes ... assuming there are quite a few users that would find it valuable ? Or is it just me lol (sorry if wrong thread, just thought i'd ask here before posting elsewhere)

[edit] - further research seems to indicate you wrote the panels, so at least i'm asking the right person :) (if in the wrong place).

Sling

#28 Post by Sling »

They already have updated the instruments for the AAU1 impending update. I believe they are on their GitHub currently and will be submitted to be included in the SI community store once AAU1 actually goes live to everyone.

Crunchmeister

#29 Post by Crunchmeister »

kevshed wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:07 pm I'm on the AAU Beta and am using the existing WT CJ4 community panels i found on here - does anyone know if the authors are likely to revisit this project to make them compatible with the new stock plane? If not, im happy to take a look at it and see if i can work out how to make the necessary changes ... assuming there are quite a few users that would find it valuable ? Or is it just me lol (sorry if wrong thread, just thought i'd ask here before posting elsewhere)

[edit] - further research seems to indicate you wrote the panels, so at least i'm asking the right person :) (if in the wrong place).
I'm indeed one of the team responsible for the CJ4 panels.

I'm not sure if Rob has actually uploaded the updated versions to GitHub yet or not. I haven't checked them out. But they are done and ready to go once AAU I launches proper. At that time, they'll be submitted to the AM Community Store for update.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

kevshed

#30 Post by kevshed »

awesome, thank you ! I'll keep a look out for updates then, thanks a lot !