touch screen click through

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

GeneP

touch screen click through

#1 Post by GeneP »

I have set up two touch screens to use as G1000 (PFD and MFD) I have pop outs set, and the over lay air manager bezel on top, i can touch a knob, it turns yellow, and turns with my knobster. the problem is that it does nothing. seems to be not clicking through to the popout. In air manager on the display settings the click through is checked but it is not highlited like locked or always on top, and i can not change it.

How do i make it click through?

thanks

jph

Re: touch screen click through

#2 Post by jph »

GeneP wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:52 pm I have set up two touch screens to use as G1000 (PFD and MFD) I have pop outs set, and the over lay air manager bezel on top, i can touch a knob, it turns yellow, and turns with my knobster. the problem is that it does nothing. seems to be not clicking through to the popout. In air manager on the display settings the click through is checked but it is not highlited like locked or always on top, and i can not change it.

How do i make it click through?

thanks
Hi Gene.
What sim and Hardware / PC etc ?
However, try the following first.

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... t=firewall
And then
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ork_issues

Let us know how you get on.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

GeneP

#3 Post by GeneP »

Followed the directions in the links, no change.
PC is Cyber Power, SLC8800BSTV2, Windows 11 Home, i7 3.6 Ghz, 24GB memory, 1 TB SSD, NVIDA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB,
2 WIMAXIT 15.6 touch screens, Thrust master T.16000M stick, Logitech rudder pedals.

everything worked fine before i went to the two touch screens.
IMG_1429.jpg

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Use a translate to english - there are others though - hopefully it will help
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/pt-p ... tador-dell
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

GeneP wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:52 pm i can touch a knob, it turns yellow, and turns with my knobster. the problem is that it does nothing.
I’m not exactly sure what you are describing here. You say it turns with my knobster but then say it does nothing. Can you elaborate on what exactly does nothing. Do you mean the AM knob turns but the sim does not respond. If so check you have the latest plug-in and try the connection troubleshooting steps on the Sim Innovations wiki.
GeneP wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:52 pm In air manager on the display settings the click through is checked but it is not highlited like locked or always on top, and i can not change it.
The Click through setting can only be changed if the panel is not running. It will be greyed out as you have shown whenever the panel is running. Note you don’t need Click through for the G1000. It’s only for units that require you to click/touch through to the pop out such as a GTN.

GeneP

#6 Post by GeneP »

example, i touch the COM knob, it turns yellow, I turn the Knobster, i can see and hear the yellow knob turning, problem is that the com frequency does not change, the sim does not respond. I have the latest plugins, will recheck the connections.

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

The fact that the dial is turning indicates that the knobster is working.
Did you set up the bezel correctly. It needs to be pointed to either a pdf or mfd. Turning the com MFD bezel knob might be altering the com PFD frequency. That is done here
ice_screenshot_20221213-142103.png

What airframe are you using?
What sim are you using?

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

GeneP

#8 Post by GeneP »

Keith, thanks for the input, i am on Xplane 11, Diamond DA40 G1000 by STMA. I agree the knobster is working. And yes i have the PFD and MFD correctly identified. also the soft keys when touched give a click but nothing happens. i added the com panel next to my PFD and the touch screen works fine with it. (on same screen). prior to going to the touch screens i had the overlay and knobster working on single monitor.

jph

#9 Post by jph »

Gene, since the change of touch screens please check this for calibration of multiple touch
I is orientated at 'dell' but it is the same overall result.

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-u ... ter?lwp=rt

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

GeneP

#10 Post by GeneP »

Joe, i did go through the calibration and no change, still does not work
Gene