Issue using Ipad and Duet

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

kelowna181

Re: Issue using Ipad and Space Desk with Air Manager

#11 Post by kelowna181 »

Good Day hoping someone can assist - New to Air Manager
Air Manager 4.1 and SIMS ( FX2020 / FSX) are on separate PC on same LAN

After hours of OS upgrades and driver update to resurrect an unused PC to Win 8.x 64 Bit I finally got Air Manager working along with Space Desk Server
I have 3 iPad connected to WIN PC using the Space Desk iPad app and they are all viewable from Windows as additional monitors :)
Before I purchase AM , I am ensuring I can get everything working correctly and thus this post.

AM - Running Demo Mode
I am able to move Beechcraft Steam gauges to any of the iPads, and gauges work when in SIM
1) However unable to Size Panel to fill iPad Screen ( Resize Greyed out)
2) As these iPads are touch screens , Air Manager / iPAD not detecting touch of a Dial or movement of dial.

As I have touch screens i dont want to have to also purchase a knobster

Thoughts ? I have checked out posts and videos but cant find any that address these issues

Sincerely
Lance

SimPassion

Re: Issue using Ipad and Space Desk with Air Manager

#12 Post by SimPassion »

kelowna181 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:06 am 1) However unable to Size Panel to fill iPad Screen ( Resize Greyed out) Which panel did you mentioned ? The Demo panel with 6 instruments from the [Home] tab ? Could you please post a picture of this one ?

2) As these iPads are touch screens , Air Manager / iPAD not detecting touch of a Dial or movement of dial.
The iPad Touch capability is not involved in this case. I guess, as Air Manager is not started on the iOS, the simu rig on which SpaceDesk is running, tool which eventually extent the screen size to all available iPad monitors, have to get at least one Touch Monitor and Air Manager should be started on this monitor that Spacedesk should extent to the iPad. Hope this make sense.

gmholliday

Re: Issue using Ipad and Duet

#13 Post by gmholliday »

Problem not solved! If I select "TOUCH" only in my panel, the instruments work normally. If I select "MOUSE" AND "TOUCH", the instruments do not work correctly.
Any help is appreciated!

kelowna181

Re: Issue using Ipad , Space Desk and Air Manager

#14 Post by kelowna181 »

Closeup - of 2 iPAD right one unable to size
Closeup - of 2 iPAD right one unable to size
Showing Display 1,2,3
Showing Display 1,2,3
In Flight Gauges active on Ipad
In Flight Gauges active on Ipad
Air Manager - Graphic Setting for iPAD Display in use
Air Manager - Graphic Setting for iPAD Display in use
BTW - pardon the Mess it was a late night getting this working :)

SimPassion

#15 Post by SimPassion »

Not sure why, it looks like the SpaceDesk background was not fully extended to the iPad full resolution ?

gmholliday

#16 Post by gmholliday »

Mine is similar to yours. I have two monitors plus the iPad. If I set the Air Manager panel for either "touch" or "Mouse", it works correctly. If I set the panel for both "Touch and Mouse", the touch shows odd results on the instruments, while the mouse works correctly. It's as almost as if a single touch results in 2 touches.
image.png

SimPassion

#17 Post by SimPassion »

gmholliday wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:47 am Problem not solved! If I select "TOUCH" only in my panel, the instruments work normally. If I select "MOUSE" AND "TOUCH", the instruments do not work correctly.
Any help is appreciated!
I think @Corjan already bring an answer to this situation for iPad !?

SimPassion

#18 Post by SimPassion »

gmholliday wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:11 am Mine is similar to yours. I have two monitors plus the iPad. If I set the Air Manager panel for either "touch" or "Mouse", it works correctly. If I set the panel for both "Touch and Mouse", the touch shows odd results on the instruments, while the mouse works correctly. It's as almost as if a single touch results in 2 touches.

image.png
When using SpaceDesk or Duet we have to ensure the Windows Touch calibration is already seeing the proper and overall screen area

gmholliday

#19 Post by gmholliday »

Windows 11 sees the iPad as a "Duet Display" under "Tablet PC Settings", but "Setup" and "Calibrate" are both grayed out. Under Device Manager, "HID-compliant touch screen" is also grayed out. I've been searching for other methods to turn on calibrate but no luck yet.

Again, the iPad works fine if I set the Air Manager to "Touch" only. It seems like if there was a calibration problem, it would appear when it's just in Touch mode. Of course, I can leave it set to Touch only, but there are times when the mouse is more helpful, like rotating knobs.

Thanks

gmholliday

#20 Post by gmholliday »

Final Update: The issue appears to have been caused by mouse software. I deleted the software, and it is working.

Thanks