Searching for Flight Simulator...

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

MatthewS2077

Re: Searching for Flight Simulator...

#11 Post by MatthewS2077 »

Ralph wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:28 pm Are you maybe using the beta plugin?
Respectfully, it's not (only) the beta plugin.

There's some issue with the general release IMO. I had problems initially and then managed to get it working, then had problems again and then cleared "persistence" and started working (but maybe that was coincidence).

It shouldn't be this hard to get it working. Every other add-on that I've purchased for MSFS that uses simconnect (eg Navigraph, AxisAndOhs, SpadNext, PMS50 etc etc) works flawlessly the first time!

Maybe you could add more detailed logging that might help people narrow down the issue? A lot of people seem to have issues.

I know AirManager also supports XP, FSX, P3D etc, but I think I recall you saying you don't own MSFS? You wanted me to share my PC via remote desktop. Maybe I was mistaken. But I would think you need to test AirManager on MSFS too, not just assume it works without issues. Forgive me if I have this wrong....

Anyway AirManager is fantastic, but these connection issues are frustrating.

(ps: I've not used AirManager in a couple of weeks so I'm not sure if there's been any updates and if the issue has been resolved)

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

MatthewS2077 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:26 pm Respectfully, it's not (only) the beta plugin.
Sorry for asking and not being able to read your mind... :shock: We'll see if there's a way to debug this.
MatthewS2077 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:26 pm I know AirManager also supports XP, FSX, P3D etc, but I think I recall you saying you don't own MSFS? You wanted me to share my PC via remote desktop. Maybe I was mistaken. But I would think you need to test AirManager on MSFS too, not just assume it works without issues. Forgive me if I have this wrong....
Are you talking about me? :? What gave you this idea?

Crunchmeister

#13 Post by Crunchmeister »

Considering Ralph has done a bunch of work adding MSFS compatibility to AM instruments, I'm pretty sure he has the sim. Ditto for Corjan. You can't program for a platform if you don't own it. I'm not sure how anyone would get the impression that the folks at Sim Innovations don't actually own MSFS. It may not be their platform of choice when they want to fly, but they own it.

There are some here that don't own it and proudly want nothing to do with it, but that's not the SI guys.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

MatthewS2077

#14 Post by MatthewS2077 »

Ralph wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:17 pm
MatthewS2077 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:26 pm I know AirManager also supports XP, FSX, P3D etc, but I think I recall you saying you don't own MSFS? You wanted me to share my PC via remote desktop. Maybe I was mistaken. But I would think you need to test AirManager on MSFS too, not just assume it works without issues. Forgive me if I have this wrong....
Are you talking about me? :? What gave you this idea?
Ah sorry, it must have been this comment below about needing team viewer, so I thought you didn't use MSFS

Re: Premium Garmin G5 question MSFS
#24 Post by Ralph » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:44 am
In that case there probably still is horizontal and vertical information.
I will need someone, @MatthewS2077 for example, to set up some flights with Rnav, so I can test it through TeamViewer.

Kamikaze55

#15 Post by Kamikaze55 »

I downloaded from the link provided in the description in the wiki but to be honst I dont know. How can I check and update it if necessary.
In the meantime I tried the suggestions made above on the subject and realized that starting the FSBrigde manually works .
For me this is ok for a start BUT I am sure this is NOT the way intended to work.
Is there anything else I can do to make it start automaticly without to start the FSbride manually.
Thx-

Kamikaze55

#16 Post by Kamikaze55 »

I have another issue on the panels. When I click on the panels button I only see 35 panels .
How do I get to more panels mentioned in the you tube videos up to 735 panels supposedly.
Do I do something wrong?
Please advise

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

Not sure where it says that? 735 panels, wow that would be amazing. Maybe we should let ChatGPT take care of that :D

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

MatthewS2077 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:40 pm Re: Premium Garmin G5 question MSFS
In that case there probably still is horizontal and vertical information.
I will need someone, @MatthewS2077 for example, to set up some flights with Rnav, so I can test it through TeamViewer.
That is because it is much easier for me to let someone else do the flying, so I can focus on the script, observe the variables, etc... That would still be the easiest solution.

Crunchmeister

#19 Post by Crunchmeister »

Kamikaze55 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:53 am in the you tube videos up to 735 panels supposedly.
Knowing what YouTube video you're talking about here would help a lot. A claim without context is meaningless.

But based on that number, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you watched an older video, and misunderstood that it was instruments, and not panels. At the current time, I believe there are over 1000 free instruments in AM via the community store, and about a dozen or so full panels, both payware and free community work.

Panels are touchy because people are using so many different screen sizes to display their panels. A panel laid out for a 22 or 24" monitor would be minuscule and unusable to someone using 15.6" screens or tablets + Spacedesk. Likewise, a panel designed for small tablets or 15" screens would be comically large and unrealistic on large monitors. And of course, panels made for standard 16:9 aspect ratio won't work so well if running on tablets with different ratios. There are just too many permutations. That's why I focus on simply making instruments and let people lay them out the way they want on their own panels.

In my opinion, it's best to just build your own panels with the instruments in AM. They're well categorized, so it's pretty easy to find what you're looking for, assuming it exists in the community store.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Sling

#20 Post by Sling »

Ralph wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:31 pm Not sure where it says that? 735 panels, wow that would be amazing. Maybe we should let ChatGPT take care of that :D
I'm working on it but I'm not sure there are even that many aircraft. :lol: