Problems connecting to MSFS with the Demo...

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

MajorTom100

Problems connecting to MSFS with the Demo...

#1 Post by MajorTom100 »

So I've been trying to figure this out all afternoon. Air Manager starts and I can pop the demo panel out and move it to my touch screen. I can spin both the heading and the course knob so I know the panel is working. However there is no connection to the MSFS. Air Manager is continuously "Searching for flight simulator...".
Things I've tried:
- Rebooted.
- Deleted the Air Manager folder and reinstalled both Air Manager(v4.1) and the Plugin(v4.0). (I can confirm the plugin exists in the community folder)
- Tried running both installers as Administrator
- Tried running Air Manager as Administrator
- Turned off the Windows Firewall
- Turned off and closed my VPN service.
- Everything runs on 1 machine so subnet isn't an issue.

The only clue to what the problem might be is the log file in c:\ProgramData\Air Plugin. The log doesn't exist. The 'Air Plugin' folder doesn't exist. I can only think there is a problem with the plugin.

Other apps like NeoFly and Navigraph work perfectly.

Can someone help me figure out what I'm missing?

Ralph

Re: Problems connecting to MSFS with the Demo...

#2 Post by Ralph »

Please see our wiki.
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_problems
It also tells you how to check the installation log I think.

MajorTom100

Re: Problems connecting to MSFS with the Demo...

#3 Post by MajorTom100 »

I did some more trouble shooting this evening and the problem seems to reside with the plugin service. Looking at my Windows Services control panel I can see that 'FS2020 Bridge' is installed but not running. When I try to start it I get the following error: "Error 193: 0xc1". Googling this error says that windows can't find the file at the given path. I checked the path in the service properties and it matches where the file exists on my computer so I'm not sure why it can't be found.

If I start FS2020BridgeService from File Explorer then Air Manager will connect to Flight Simulator and all works as expected. @MarkAClements reported the same or similar problem and found the same workaround.