Installing plugin on XP11 Ventura

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

frumpy

Installing plugin on XP11 Ventura

#1 Post by frumpy »

Hi there,
I bought the iPad-version of AM and would like to get the plugin running on my Mac so the iPad and Mac can communicate.
Its an M1 processor, so I copied the ARM-version of mac.xpl to x-plane 11/Resources/Plugins/Air Plugin/64.
When loading XP11, the plugin does not show up, but other plugins in the same directory do.
I tried to open mac.xpl with the x-plane-app (which sometimes solves problems), but that did not work out.

Any suggestions? Did I miss anything?

Thanks, Olli

Ralph

Re: Installing plugin on XP11 Ventura

#2 Post by Ralph »

The M1 plugin is for X-Plane 12 only.

frumpy

#3 Post by frumpy »

Oh, I missed that. Are you guys planning on making it available for M1&XP-11? I am new to the Mac-world,
can I do something with Rosetta or so?

XP-12 does not run well enough on the MacBook, that's why I am using XP-11.
I set up a FlightFactor A320 on the Mac, which barely runs at 22 fps, but has pretty popups and I thought
I can use some of the FF320 instruments from the store and use the touch-functions of the iPad.

I've got several computers/monitors, but run into compatibility issues either way. The PC is either running XP12 or XP11 due
to AMD-drivers, which have to be installed for each version. If I want to switch sims, I have to up/downgrade the drivers.
Maybe I can get FF320 running on XP11 on the PC and then use the iPad instruments. But the popups from FF wont be that pretty
(lower resolution) and then I cannot use XP12 without the hassle of reinstalling drivers. Meh.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

There's no M1/ARM version of X-Plane 11, it runs as emulated x86/x64. Only X-Plane 12 is native ARM.

Corjan

#5 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

The plugin has to use the same architecture as the sim. In this case, X-plane 11 only has an Intel build on mac as far as I know.
You could download the Intel based plugin, that one should work.

Corjan

frumpy

#6 Post by frumpy »

You are right, it worked! Thank you! :)