MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Build & Helicopters Tips for Joystick Axis binding

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Build & Helicopters Tips for Joystick Axis binding

#41 Post by jph »

SimPassion wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:58 pm Hi Joe,

I would expect the same, though without paying 500€ ... ;-)
A free ZiboMod like in MSFS would be perfect for me :)

Gilles
Hi Gilles, :D
I wouldn't necessarily want it for 'free' (but it would be amazing and very much appreciated :lol: )
For an aircraft that someone would like to use to build a virtual cockpit around then price, within reason is not too important to me - I obviously can't speak for others.
500 USD or similar in Euro is about the price of a mid range GPU or Processor so is not a lot in the great scheme of things.
Even if someone was to do a zibomod type for MSFS then I do not see how AM could interface as there is no way that MSFS in it's current form has the I/O hardware capability so would have to be specifically written - along with the flight modelling and also the avionics displays.
Still, if this happened, how do we interface to AM ?
Oh we can dream :) it would be so great.
It would give me a reason to buy MSFS. At the moment I go my friends house to use MSFS and am continually disappointed by the flight modelling and systems of the basic aircraft and the much more complex and realistic aircraft (PMDG for example) are simply not accessible to AM for huge parts fo the code or do not have pop out avionics availability for various reasons. :? :cry:
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

Re: MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Build & Helicopters Tips for Joystick Axis binding

#42 Post by Ralph »

Yet another Bell. It's often the same range of helicopters in every sim. I wish someone made a good H120 or H130.

Keith Baxter

#43 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:17 am Yet another Bell. It's often the same range of helicopters in every sim. I wish someone made a good H120 or H130.
The Agusta AW109 would also be nice.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#44 Post by SimPassion »

Just to salute the effort, in any case, not to mention what will be the final availability and technical level though ...

Discord
https://discord.io/qbitsimulations

Ralph

#45 Post by Ralph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:57 am
Ralph wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:17 am Yet another Bell. It's often the same range of helicopters in every sim. I wish someone made a good H120 or H130.
The Agusta AW109 would also be nice.

Keith
I believe that there's a AW139 coming. Kinda close :)

Sling

#46 Post by Sling »

SimPassion wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:54 pm Thanks for the link Keith
I would see a free 737 NG with the same study level as the ZiboMod in MSFS and same flexibility of managing variables and events as we find in X-Plane ... well perhaps wrong dreams ... ;-) ... or perhaps one day :|
Lol. All possible other than the same flexibility of managing variables. The more I do with them the worse I realise they are when compared to x-plane. MSFS is catching up in the number and type of variables available but there are many that are still hidden. It’s so un-structured and there is no single way to find what you are looking for. It’s a real mess and it’s un-likely to ever get to a place that compares to what we have with x-plane. They could of started with something new and structured akin to what Xplane has but stupidly chose to carry on with the legacy FSX system.
Last edited by Sling on Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

jph

#47 Post by jph »

SimPassion wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:56 am Just to salute the effort, in any case, not to mention what will be the final availability and technical level though ...

Discord
https://discord.io/qbitsimulations
Thank you Gilles, that is certainly one worth watching specifically due to open source. That could well have the potential to be another Zibo with the right people on board.
I wonder if they have pop out display units..... ;)
Due to the complete 'foxtrot uniform' that msfs is then the hard work will have to be done 'off board' from the main msfs stuff.
I saw tony's comments but whilst I agree with his sentiments I am still sure that external programming can 'save' msfs eventually. A complete external flight modelling and instrumentation and systems package is needed to correct their cockups. IF done correctly it will have a common interface standard. It HAS to happen at some point or MSFS simply becomes a collection of quality aircraft that all have their own non accessible coding for programs such as AM.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#48 Post by SimPassion »

It could be the MSFS team, even having stated they will come to it, is pushing back day by day, the time where they'll open the Sim / SDK / SimConnect to availability of transparent of variables/events visibility and interaction.
Yes, still old school core, perhaps to maintain Polish Notation (PN) for instruments and parts which are already pre build like SimConnect.
They ended in a more closed situation than before and restricted again hardware cockpit usage for the community.

jph

#49 Post by jph »

SimPassion wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:03 pm It could be the MSFS team, even having stated they will come to it, is pushing back day by day, the time where they'll open the Sim / SDK / SimConnect to availability of transparent of variables/events visibility and interaction.
Yes, still old school core, perhaps to maintain Polish Notation (PN) for instruments and parts which are already pre build like SimConnect.
They ended in a more closed situation than before and restricted again hardware cockpit usage for the community.
Hi Gilles sir,
I cannot see that happening,
Asobo have not got the talent to do this )imho of course). it will be done by a third party.
It is difficult/ There is no reason, for example, for PMDG to use the same format or interface as, say, Airfoillabs. Why should they ? - providing their offerings work.
This, however, is a big issue for AM, a big issue potentially as due to the cock ups made by asobo then there is no core interface to build on.
Most members - if not all, of asobo had never flown an actual aircraft until the program was late alpha.
All I can see with msfs is fragmentation. AM would need to chose which advanced aircraft to support and write specific interfaces for each individual aircraft :shock: :? :( . I cannot see a one size fits all solution.
The severe fragmentation is happening already with differing aircraft. Each are pursuing their own totally non standardised solution due to the total utter SNAFU that is msfs interfacing.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#50 Post by SimPassion »

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microso ... on-pilots/

Microsoft Flight Simulator Celebrates 10 Million Pilots

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Microsoft Flight Simulator is thrilled to mark another momentous milestone made possible by our tremendous community. Since the introduction 27 months ago of the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator, we have released 27 robust updates to simmers. All completely free! On 11 November, we celebrated our 40th Anniversary with the release of the Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition. And, today we are excited to announce that more than 10 million pilots have enjoyed the beauty, awe and wonder of the world available in Microsoft Flight Simulator across Windows/PC, Xbox Cloud Gaming and Xbox console.

We would not have reached any of these milestones without the continued support of our amazing community and their ongoing engagement and contributions. Because it’s a day for celebrating numbers, we want to share a few more impressive accomplishments of our community:

500 million flights
40 billion miles flown
Equivalent of 10 million trips around the Earth
Equivalent of 200 round trips from Earth to sun

And we’re just getting started! We have exciting plans for 2023 and beyond. Join the 10 million pilots in Microsoft Flight Simulator today! The sky is calling!

Microsoft Flight Simulator is available for Xbox Series X|S and PC with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows, and Steam, and on Xbox One and supported mobile phones, tablets, and lower-spec PCs via Xbox Cloud Gaming.

----------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Flight Simulator célèbre ses 10 millions de pilotes

Posté par : L'équipe de Microsoft Flight Simulator

Tous les nouveaux avions volent dans les airs avec un ciel bleu en arrière-plan.

Microsoft Flight Simulator est ravi de marquer une nouvelle étape importante, rendue possible par notre formidable communauté. Depuis l'introduction de la dernière version de Microsoft Flight Simulator il y a 27 mois, nous avons mis à disposition des simulateurs 27 mises à jour robustes. Toutes entièrement gratuites ! Le 11 novembre, nous avons célébré notre 40e anniversaire avec la sortie de l'édition Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary. Et aujourd'hui, nous sommes heureux d'annoncer que plus de 10 millions de pilotes ont apprécié la beauté, la crainte et l'émerveillement du monde disponible dans Microsoft Flight Simulator sur Windows/PC, Xbox Cloud Gaming et Xbox console.

Nous n'aurions pas atteint ces objectifs sans le soutien continu de notre incroyable communauté, son engagement et ses contributions. Parce que c'est un jour pour célébrer les chiffres, nous voulons partager quelques autres réalisations impressionnantes de notre communauté :

500 millions de vols
40 milliards de miles parcourus
L'équivalent de 10 millions de voyages autour de la Terre
L'équivalent de 200 allers-retours entre la Terre et le soleil

Et nous ne faisons que commencer ! Nous avons des projets passionnants pour 2023 et au-delà. Rejoignez les 10 millions de pilotes dans Microsoft Flight Simulator dès aujourd'hui ! Le ciel vous appelle !

Microsoft Flight Simulator est disponible sur Xbox Series X|S et PC avec Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows et Steam, ainsi que sur Xbox One et sur les téléphones mobiles, tablettes et PC à spécifications inférieures pris en charge via Xbox Cloud Gaming.