MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Build & Helicopters Tips for Joystick Axis binding

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Build & Helicopters Tips for Joystick Axis binding

#31 Post by SimPassion »

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/ ... -6th-2022-

HELICOPTERS

Flight Model

The flight model may be incorrectly set to Legacy.
Workaround:
Switch to the “Modern” flight model
Open Microsoft Flight Simulator
Go to Options > General Options > Flight Model.
Change to Legacy. Hit Apply and Save.
Load a flight with the helicopter.
End the flight all the way, and go back to Main Menu.
Go back to Options > General Options > Flight Model.
Change back to Modern. Hit Apply and Save.
Start a new flight.

Bell 407

VR controllers are not fully supported by the aircraft.
The rotor brake does not slow the rotor blades down.

Cabri G2

Cyclic (pitch) trim is inverted on cyclic of the Cabi G2. Key bindings work fine.
The Flight Plan page of the GPS does not show course and distance information for the legs of the flight plan.
The first leg of a flight plan may not activate in the GPS.
The bearing to a waypoint in the GPS is true bearing instead of magnetic bearing.
The Direct-To flight plan cannot be consistently cleared from the GPS.
Occluder is missing rain/snow/CFD and can go through the cockpit.

Sling

Re: MSFS 2020 40th Anniversary Build & Helicopters Tips for Joystick Axis binding

#34 Post by Sling »

Yeah I saw this too. I wonder if it will be any better and if so by how much. I think I’ll wait to see what the general consensus is.

SimPassion

#35 Post by SimPassion »

Sling wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:54 am Yeah I saw this too. I wonder if it will be any better and if so by how much. I think I’ll wait to see what the general consensus is.
Hi Tony, I feel the thoughts are very mitigate and some don't enjoy they've not used the new Asobo helicopter FM, which is put forward by the designer as 1000% external FM
I just don't understand why the twitch video link stating a 1080HD stream, where I seen a so poor visual with high crenelation, it could rather be only me ... so I can't get a proper idea of the graphics quality in move, either than with watching the provided pictures. In any case I feel the behavior in flight and in landing phases, as very smooth, as far as I can see in the stream
Wait and see, fully agree !!! ...

Keith Baxter

#36 Post by Keith Baxter »

Not related but interesting. One guys opinion. ;)

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#37 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks for the link Keith
I would see a free 737 NG with the same study level as the ZiboMod in MSFS and same flexibility of managing variables and events as we find in X-Plane ... well perhaps wrong dreams ... ;-) ... or perhaps one day :|

jph

#38 Post by jph »

SimPassion wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:54 pm Thanks for the link Keith
I would see a free 737 NG with the same study level as the ZiboMod in MSFS and same flexibility of managing variables and events as we find in X-Plane ... well perhaps wrong dreams ... ;-) ... or perhaps one day :|
Gilles,
IF that ever happened - and I for one would very much welcome it ! - a product of Zibo quality with the same ability to be controlled via AM in hardware and the same flight modelling accuracy - which definitely CAN be achieved with external programs to MSFS, then X-Plane would be history here.
I would happily pay 500 euros for a 737 of zibo quality in both interfacing and flight / systems modelling for msfs.
XP-12 is such a let down, and VULKAN is dead on arrival really. MSFS, at the moment, I have no interest in due to the extremely limited external connectivity and accuracy but it shows what CAN be done.
Even if it happened - would AM support it ? .... unlikely I think as it would be using a lot of custom code similar to pmdg and AM would not fully support it - or of course as per prosim which I would buy now but is not ( and probably never will be ?) supported by AM, but IS supported by msfs so it shows what is actually possible (and it's 1500 euro! ;)

We can hope. :mrgreen:

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#39 Post by SimPassion »

Hi Joe,

I would expect the same, though without paying 500€ ... ;-)
A free ZiboMod like in MSFS would be perfect for me :)

Gilles