Java faults

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Java faults

#11 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

It is not clear what version of AM you are using. AM 4.1.5 stable or AM4.2 (beta x)

I suggest the issue is definitely with instrument UUID < db82e119-8dfe-48aa-84b5-4e78f4444596 >

Check for a multiple version of the UUID in the OPEN_DIRECTORY folder.

It might be that the panel is creating a duplicate version of the instrument that is somehow corrupt and creating duplicates.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

RoundEngine

#12 Post by RoundEngine »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:04 pm Hi,

It is not clear what version of AM you are using. AM 4.1.5 stable or AM4.2 (beta x)

I suggest the issue is definitely with instrument UUID < db82e119-8dfe-48aa-84b5-4e78f4444596 >

It might be that the panel is creating a duplicate version of the instrument that is somehow corrupt and creating duplicates.

Keith
I am on 4.1.5 Home. Sorry I left that out.
That is a good idea. I will check it out this evening.

RoundEngine

#13 Post by RoundEngine »

Keith
I did not find any duplicated UUIDs.I did see the info.xml file had some newlines in it unlike others. Correcting that did not work so I created a brand new instrument and deployed my files and only my files to it but it still doesn't work so it is probably something in one of the files so I'll start eliminating them.

Keith Baxter

#14 Post by Keith Baxter »

RoundEngine wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:54 pm

Keith
I did not find any duplicated UUIDs.I did see the info.xml file had some newlines in it unlike others. Correcting that did not work so I created a brand new instrument and deployed my files and only my files to it but it still doesn't work so it is probably something in one of the files so I'll start eliminating them.
Hi,

Make a backup copy of <db82e119-8dfe-48aa-84b5-4e78f4444596> then remove it from your OPEN_DIRECTORY folder. See if that solves the java issues.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

RoundEngine

#15 Post by RoundEngine »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:21 pm
RoundEngine wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:54 pm

Keith
Hi,

Make a backup copy of <db82e119-8dfe-48aa-84b5-4e78f4444596> then remove it from your OPEN_DIRECTORY folder. See if that solves the java issues.

Keith
I created a new instrument, copied my files over and then deleted the old one so <db82e119-8dfe-48aa-84b5-4e78f4444596> no longer exists but it still dies. I'll start disabling function calls in my instrument and see what happens.

Keith Baxter

#16 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

What I did was to make a backup of all my instruments <OPEN_DIRECTORY> folder. then empty the folder.

Then restart AM and check if there are any issues.

AM will repopulate all instruments in your panels into the OPEN_DIRECTORY
Check if you still have the issue.

Keith

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:09 pm AM will repopulate all instruments in your panels into the OPEN_DIRECTORY
AM will only do this for the ones it can find online from the store. It will not populate your own instruments so anyone trying this needs to be careful not to delete anything. Just to reiterate what Keith says make a backup of your original folder before clearing it out or export all your own instruments to a .siff and then re import once you are back up and running.

Keith Baxter

#18 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:25 pm
Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:09 pm AM will repopulate all instruments in your panels into the OPEN_DIRECTORY
AM will only do this for the ones it can find online from the store. It will not populate your own instruments so anyone trying this needs to be careful not to delete anything. Just to reiterate what Keith says make a backup of your original folder before clearing it out or export all your own instruments to a .siff and then re import once you are back up and running.
Tony,

Correct always make a backup before deleting or messing with data/instrument files.

I am not 100% sure, But my personal instruments were reinstalled.
If I rem correct. After emptying the OPEN_DIRECTORY and AM reinstalled all my panel instruments, my personal instruments were also reinstalled.
My personal panels still worked i think. I rem having to delete them (panels) in the home tab.
When I tried to delete the instrument panels via the create/edit menu they would not delete. I had to delete the instruments and panel via the <HOME> panel

A talk from my AM4.2 (beta3) experience. Might be different to AM4.1.5 I have not tried or tested. Just talk from what I remember a few days ago.

I am sure what we talk to will give the boss a :idea:

Keith

EDIT: I will do a test tomorrow and revert

RoundEngine

SOLVED Re: Java faults

#19 Post by RoundEngine »

Okay, the issue was an ID10T on with me being the ID10t! I originally, in code I used as a template, had JSON files for static data but I moved to CSV file format for this implementation. I changed the routines that initialized some low power settings table to use CSV and then copied the code and had it fill the high power setting tables. It ran a few times but then started faulting and crashing. I discovered that although I renamed the high power settings table I didn't change the format to csv and it was still JSON so undefined things happened.

I'm not sure why I didn't get some other error as I thought Lua or Java would have picked it up but it seems to be working now. I"ll convert the high power tables to CSV format and all should be well. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Corjan

#20 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Good that you found it, but AM should not crash in theory, whatever you throw at it.
Do you maybe still have time files and code that can make it crash?

Corjan