Touch screen problem only with switch

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Touch screen problem only with switch

#11 Post by jph »

jojo86 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:58 pm
jph wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:13 pm Have you also checked to ensure mouse and touch is enabled in the settings ?
Joe
Hi, are you talking about input mode?
I selected Mouse and Touch. but I can’t click the virtuals switches with my mouse too…

That’s weird.
Hi, Like Ralph asked, what sim are you using ?
Also, you definitely have the sim running and connected yes ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jojo86

#12 Post by jojo86 »

jph wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:20 pm
jph wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:13 pm Have you also checked to ensure mouse and touch is enabled in the settings ?
Joe
I selected Mouse and Touch. but I can’t click the virtuals switches with my mouse too…

That’s weird.
Hi, Like Ralph asked, what sim are you using ?
Also, you definitely have the sim running and connected yes ?
Joe
Yes sim fs2020 is connected.

I repeat, airmanager works with virtual rotary buttons and my usb knobster. So the problem isn’t a bad connection with fs2020 because from airmanager I can rotate HDG or Altimeter button, and the information is transmitted to fs2020.

The problem is with air manager switch that buttons aren’t clickable.

If I open an instrument in edit mode, and if I click Run button, a window appears with the instrument to test it, and in this case, I can click the virtuals buttons with mouse and touch. But in my aircraft panel (c172), the same instrument is impossible to click on…

jph

#13 Post by jph »

I don't have access to the msfs game so cannot test it unfortunately. Only X-Plane.
Which version of AM are you running. ?
Check you are running the latest release - not beta!, and you have the latest plug in installed.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jojo86

#14 Post by jojo86 »

I confirm that the problem was the beta version…
Touch screen doesn’t works in beta!

jph

#15 Post by jph »

jojo86 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:49 pm I confirm that the problem was the beta version…
Touch screen doesn’t works in beta!
I think you will find that Gilles ( (@SimPassion ) said that was the issue in post #4 ..... ;) :?
As you pointed out, it is important to read what people write .

Glad you got it sorted though.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#16 Post by SimPassion »

Joe

That’s weird.
Please read there : https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... 897#p49897
Also, already stated by Joe : use the Final version, not the Beta

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

jojo86 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:57 am
Sling wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:22 pm You are not understanding the intended operation of a knobster. It was designed to make rotary control easier. A simple button or switch can be easily operated without it so It will only highlight yellow and therefore work with dials and switches with 3 or more positions. What you are experiencing is perfectly normal.
It was you who did not understand my message. I have no problem with the rotary knob. I just can't get the switches to work with my finger on the touchscreen. I'm not looking to activate the switches with the rotary knob. I'm not stupid either.
No one was suggesting you were stupid and certainly was not trying to cause offence. But your initial request for help did not provide all the information so yet again we were having to fill in the blanks. It seems you were using the beta version which was a vital bit of info that had you given this initially this would of been solved with the first reply. BTW It’s not touch that’s not working in the beta it’s the actual button/switch operation. As others have said don’t use the beta unless you read here that it’s mainly stable and functional.

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

It should work in the new beta, in theory... I haven't tested it.

Sling

#19 Post by Sling »

Ralph wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:52 am It should work in the new beta, in theory... I haven't tested it.
No me neither. I know basic stuff like this didn’t work in the last one. If Corjan fixed most of those gremlins then it should be much better now.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

I'm going to make a setup with 4.2 for FS Weekend this week. So if it is still there then I will find out :)