Touch screen problem only with switch

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Touch screen problem only with switch

#21 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:52 am It should work in the new beta, in theory... I haven't tested it.
I confirm accordingly to my initial post where I used the 4.2 Beta 3 for testing, so Touch doesn't work in conjunction with Knobster usage, the solution is to use the 4.1.5 Final

jojo86

#22 Post by jojo86 »

SimPassion wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:49 am
Ralph wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:52 am It should work in the new beta, in theory... I haven't tested it.
I confirm accordingly to my initial post where I used the 4.2 Beta 3 for testing, so Touch doesn't work in conjunction with Knobster usage, the solution is to use the 4.1.5 Final
Yes it’s true!!

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll test it later today.

Ralph

#24 Post by Ralph »

I've tried beta 3 here, with the Knobster, and switches, works fine.
I must say that I am using the mouse, not touch. But I thought you said that the mouse didn't work as well?
Maybe you will have to start with a fresh configuration by removing the Air Manager BETA folder in C:/users/your username/

There are still a few issues though.

SimPassion

#25 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:12 pm I've tried beta 3 here, with the Knobster, and switches, works fine.
I must say that I am using the mouse, not touch. But I thought you said that the mouse didn't work as well?
Maybe you will have to start with a fresh configuration by removing the Air Manager BETA folder in C:/users/your username/

There are still a few issues though.
This is mainly Touch which isn't working properly in 4.2 Beta 3, again no issue with 4.1.5 Final
Try it in similar situation please, with touch enabled in AM settings and a working Touch monitor

Ralph

#26 Post by Ralph »

Okay thanks, I will try with touch.

Ralph

#27 Post by Ralph »

I can confirm that touch doesn't work at all. Hopefully we can fix it before FS Weekend...

SimPassion

#28 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:47 pm I can confirm that touch doesn't work at all. Hopefully we can fix it before FS Weekend...
Glad you've checked before the issue occurs live in the show :)

SimPassion

#29 Post by SimPassion »

Now that we talk about it, hope we can meet Sim Innovations there, within one year or two ...
https://fsweekend.com/en/schedule/#panels
and yes Touch capabilities will be in the show :

Sim Innovations

We from Sim Innovations are happy to attend to FS Weekends after all those years, to see familiar faces and meet new flight simulator enthusiasts.

Sim Innovations develops the powerful software tool called Air Manager, the heart of your home simulator. From one single (touch) screen to a full scale cockpit, Air Manager can do it all. Virtual instrument panels and hardware input and output with the help of Arduino’s and Raspberry Pi’s.

We will demonstrate this all with a small touch screen cockpit, which can be configured to represent multiple aircraft. Feel welcome to take the simulator for a spin and we will be ready to give you a more detailed demonstration and answer all your questions.

https://fsweekend.com/en/exhibitors/

http://fsweekend.com/fsw/wp-content/upl ... SW2022.pdf

Ralph

#30 Post by Ralph »

We're most probably there every year :lol: Although I've heard that Frans, the man who does the majority of the organization, is going to quit after this year, or maybe next year. So we will have to see if someone takes over his position.