Air Manager instruments did not appear

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

kabouter_plons

Air Manager instruments did not appear

#1 Post by kabouter_plons »

When I tap instruments from the "AVAILABLE" column, it does not appear in the panel. It remains completely black. In the "SHOWING" column, however, they do appear as a selected instrument.
In addition, the app sometimes crashes unexpectedly.

If I choose a default panel (for example Cessna 152) instruments appear as normal.
This problem occurs in both my Samsung tablet, Samsung phone and Huawei tablet. Some time ago the app worked well on these devices and same PC.

To try, I disabled the firewall in the PC and manually set the IP address, but that didn't help either.

I sent an email to Sim Innovation and got the only answer that there was a server problem. However, my problem has been going on for more than a week and the tools of the default panels are working fine.

Anyone any idea?

Ralph

Re: Air Manager instruments did not appear

#2 Post by Ralph »

Black or blank? I've never seen a black list of available instruments... Maybe you can share a picture?

kabouter_plons

#3 Post by kabouter_plons »

No, not the list of instruments but the panel. So only an empty panel with a black background and without the instruments (while these are selected)

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

No instruments, no network, sounds like your tablet is a little messed up, or some kind of network issue there. Are you sure that the WiFi is turned on?

kabouter_plons

#5 Post by kabouter_plons »

No network? That's what Sim Innovation says. No Wi-Fi? I checked that first. Various MSFS addons also provide 10% on my tablets... And why do the default panels provided by Air Manager as standard work well? And on 2 tablets and phone the same problem? No, that problem really has to be somewhere else.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

You have to remember that we cannot see what happens there, so we have to search for solutions. Everything works fine here, and as far as I know, you're the only one with this problem. So it is most likely something on your end. That is why I am suggesting to look if there's a (stable) WiFi connection, etc... You can also try removing the application completely and then reinstall. Maybe power reset your tablet. Those kind of things.

It would be great if you can show a little respect to those who are taking the time trying to help you.

kabouter_plons

#7 Post by kabouter_plons »

My apologies. Sorry if I come across as disrespectful. I don't speak English and do everything using Google Translate. Maybe that's why it comes across a bit wrong. Your text also seemed a bit prickly to me to be honest, but that was probably just me. It wasn't my intention to hurt anyone...

But I'm fairly experienced in dealing with computers and I think I've really checked everything. I have also reinstalled several times on my devices. So I hope you understand my side that I'm not happy that it doesn't work. It currently restricts me in my setup for flying.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

I just mentioned that there are two issues, which both seem network related, so then it looks to me like there's something wrong with the tablet.
I cannot reproduce the issue here, and I am not aware of any other people with the same issue. But as I suggested before, can you maybe show a picture or screenshot of what you're seeing, maybe I am not completely understanding what's going on there.

kabouter_plons

#9 Post by kabouter_plons »

Here is a screenshot of my own panel. As mentioned, the selected instruments are listed in the "SHOWING" column, but they do not appear in the panel on the right (black background).

In this screenshot I have chosen a standard panel of the Cessna 152. As you can see, the selected instruments now appear in the panel on the right. Also, these instruments respond well to the sim (MSFS).

Kind regards,
Fer

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

Okay that paints a different picture. Always good to see the real situation.

Is this only with this specific set of instruments, or any other (without the ones from the picture)?