Win7

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Staruan

Re: Win7

#11 Post by Staruan »

Ralph wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:18 pm We don't guarantee that it works with Windows 7. But you can request a refund if you want. Note that it will withdraw your license.
maybe i didn't explain myself well ... 1 i upgraded the system to win8.1 but the software after selecting the panel is not possible to view it on the second display.
2 on win7 worked but did not connect to fsx steam.
3 I checked the firewall, I tried to make it work with another pc in which fs2020 is installed, connected to the home network, using manual settings by entering iov4 of the pc where the simulator is installed.
nothing.
can someone explain to me why by following the published instructions to the letter it does not work?
thank you.

Staruan

#12 Post by Staruan »

Ralph wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:18 pm We don't guarantee that it works with Windows 7. But you can request a refund if you want. Note that it will withdraw your license.
it is true that requested to be refunded.
but it is also true that I would like to use the software and make it work.
so if you can help me solve the problem, I don't need to be reimbursed.
thank you.

jph

#13 Post by jph »

You have installed the plugin correctly ?
You have verified it is installed correctly via the log file ?
You have tested without the firewall enabled ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Staruan

#14 Post by Staruan »

jph wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:35 am You have installed the plugin correctly ?
Thank you for the attention.

1 plug in installation.
during the installation of the plug in does not give me the way to specify the path but it does it automatically, in win 8.1 a screen appears in the acqiale various errors are displayed and practically does not install it, so it does not work.
in win10 install the plug in the screen appears where all the types of simulators are listed, in this case fs2020, where it is known that there is confirmation of installation.
In both cases, since the air manager is present on the second pc (win8.1) in the home network, with two monitors, the software does not display the panel on the second monitor.

Staruan

#15 Post by Staruan »

Staruan wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:57 am

1 plug in installation.
during the installation of the plug in does not give me the way to specify the path but it does it automatically, in win 8.1 a screen appears in the acqiale various errors are displayed and practically does not install it, so it does not work.
in win10 install the plug in the screen appears where all the types of simulators are listed, in this case fs2020, where it is known that there is confirmation of installation.
In both cases, since the air manager is present on the second pc (win8.1) in the home network, with two monitors, the software does not display the panel on the second monitor.
i also tested with the firewall disabled and it doesn't work.

Staruan

#16 Post by Staruan »

1 plug in installation.
how do you check that it is installed correctly via the log file?

Staruan

#17 Post by Staruan »

Staruan wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:03 am

1 plug in installation.

jph

#18 Post by jph »

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_problems

Explains how to check via the log file.

The plug in only needs to be installed on the machine where the flight simulator is installed.

I do not understand what you mean by " second pc (win8.1) in the home network, with two monitors, the software does not display the panel on the second monitor."

Are you saying this is a dual monitor machine - the win 8.1 PC ?. If this is the case, does AM work on the first monitor on this machine ?.

From what I read it appears you have a win 10 machine with FS2020 installed, and also a PC with win 8.1 and Air Manager installed is that correct ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Staruan

#19 Post by Staruan »

jph wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:29 am https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_problems

Explains how to check via the log file.

The plug in only needs to be installed on the machine where the flight simulator is installed.

I do not understand what you mean by " second pc (win8.1) in the home network, with two monitors, the software does not display the panel on the second monitor."

Are you saying this is a dual monitor machine - the win 8.1 PC ?. If this is the case, does AM work on the first monitor on this machine ?.

From what I read it appears you have a win 10 machine with FS2020 installed, and also a PC with win 8.1 and Air Manager installed is that correct ?
It's correct.
I tried both with 1 pc only and two monitors with win8.1 and the software does not give me the panel on the second monitor.
both with two pcs
in one I have installation of fs2020 and its plugin
in the second connected in the home network there is AIR MANAGER and the so is win8.1
with two monitors.
also in this case, although I have entered ipv4 in the manual configuration, it does not see fs2020 and does not show me the panel in the second monitor but only the one present in AIR MANAGER.

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

This is all very confusing to me. You're talking about not being able to show a panel on a second screen? You're talking about the plugin. What's exactly the problem...?